The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hugh, to sort out your L85 bolt, just bore out the holes slightly to free up movement again, then find some steel washers to slide along the guide rods, sit them between the bolt and the buffer springs.

You might have to grind some edges flat to stop them jamming against the receiver or the guide rail in the middle, but mine's fine since I did that.

The washers distribute the impact force over a wider area and it takes the nipping effect out of the impact so the holes don't close up.

I took some washers off the axle on an old bike, had to bore them out to fit the guide rods and grind two of the sides to be flat sided instead of round. Took a fair bit of effort but it's worth it.

Don't buy the RA Tech bolt if you see one, they're over sized and cause more problems than they solve.

Camera's just dead. The Contours have a rotating lens so you can make sure the shot will always be correctly orientated regardless of how the camera's mounted.

They have a sort of lock built into them so you can't spin it past a certain point, but mine can be rotated indefinitely.

I think I must've gutted the wiring by twisting it too far or something, but the only thing on it that still works is the battery charge indicator :(

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Bolt carrier on my W.E L85.

Well, I say "I broke" it, a more accurate thing to say would be "the gun broke it's own bolt carrier". The thing has finally deformed itself so much that it just won't work. Can't complain, given that it's worked almost non-stop since the day I got it in over a year ago. For future reference I will need to look into ways to reduce/cushion the impact force of the BC. Any one have any suggestions?

Ed, what's actually wrong with the camera?

Replied, Hugh.

Just checking you get it by quoting you to make sure you get a notification. See previous comment ^^^

Replied, Hugh.

Just checking you get it by quoting you to make sure you get a notification. See previous comment ^^^

Cheers Ed.

Once I've sourced a new bolt (as the current one has been drilled that many times I can't do it again), I'll look into that method. Many thanks for that advice.

That's unlucky about your camera. Do you think it's possible to salvage any of the parts for future use, or do you think it's a complete write-off?

• Supporters

Parts will be salvageable no doubt but I can't even get into it to see, and I don't know enough about them to make use of any parts anyway.

Just had to stretch my overdraft a little more to get a new one, I just hope the place I've ordered from don't tell me they're actually out of stock...

• 2 weeks later...

As well as what feels like breaking my back, the sole fell off my shoes today, so I had to find a quick way to stick it back together

SN201705_zps5065fef3.jpg

• Supporters

As well as what feels like breaking my back, the sole fell off my shoes today, so I had to find a quick way to stick it back together

SN201705_zps5065fef3.jpg

COBBLERS

I got a pair of trainers like them, absolutely shagged, holes in sole, back coming away but man are they so damn comfy

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah.. so I broke this today. Its the inner star shaped part of an M4 delta ring. I had my shiny new omega rail attached but it was wobbling a little bit so I removed it and hey presto,the inner star shaped part is completely destroyed. I must of had it on too tight but I think the star shaped bit should have been stronger than that. Can anyone recommend a strong replacement delta ring?

http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/Ross_Carson/library/

huuuuhh, sigh.....

Lost my battery and my AK's gearbox piston is stuck at the pinnacle of the piston tooth rack with the spring fully compressed.... I wonder how long it will survive the high tension until something breaks...

"gud bai ma luvr, gud bai frieeeennnnd, u hav bean da 1, u hav bean da 1 4 me..... *piano solo*....."

still a piece o shyte

• Supporters

My PDW, again.

First time I snapped the soldering on the motor, got new wires and a new motor.

Put in new wiring and trigger contacts, then the wires snap off the connectors after putting the upper receiver on.

I swear I'm just going to permanently move over to GBBRS, sick of wires and connectors.

• Supporters

2 weeks ago...myself. >.<

Me too. Now on morphine day in, day out... causes as many problems as it solves :s Wish I could get a body transplant!

Me too. Now on morphine day in, day out... causes as many problems as it solves :s Wish I could get a body transplant!

2 weeks ago...myself. >.<

what happened?

what happened?

I was the numpty who had an injury at AI500, was running then tried to turn and stop immediately and at the same time on gravel, my leg gave way instead, and I dislocated both my hip and knee, AND tore all the tendons and hurt my ACL again -.-

I was the numpty who had an injury at AI500, was running then tried to turn and stop immediately and at the same time on gravel, my leg gave way instead, and I dislocated both my hip and knee, AND tore all the tendons and hurt my ACL again -.-

ouch. I had no idea about AI500, didn't really follow it. That means about 8 weeks to fully reheal? I have torn all my ligaments in my ankle before, worse than breaking it (generally) although sometimes if you break it really bad that can become serious.

Hope your ok :)

• Supporters

I have peripheral neuropathy which gives me constant pain in my extremities and it never gets to a stage of feeling used to it - the other week it just got all too much for me and i sorta lost the plot with my GP. I'm supposedly under the care of the hospital pain team but it has been taking forever to make any progress as they try me on various weird pills. So basically i insisted they stop fucking around and jump to something which would definitely work immediately, regardless of side effects, or i would source some of Afghanistan's finest and see how i could get on with that onboard. So they admitted me for observation while they slowly increased morphine. It does cause enough problems through side effects, but at least it works for the pain, whereas before i had weird side effects to live with and the various drugs didn't do enough for the pain...

• Supporters

good idea but so crazy and it will increase the spamming -LOL- :)

Whom are you replying to?

My SMLE exploded! :o

The gas release valve blew. I managed to find the spring and e C clip was inside the magazine. Apart from that all I have is an empty shell.

727d82f8-6d41-4d24-8e0e-33008a95667e_zps46c74194-ebf4-4817-8fd6-a2f5f75ca61c_zps

I really need this fixed fast but I cannot find another valve like it anywhere. I have emailed evike and ironairsoft.

Aha I found the main inner bit, it had gone across the room and was inside a cardboard box. This is a sizable bit of brass and it had actually punched through a layer of cardboard 3 meters away after deflecting off my scope mount (otherwise it would have been my face).

• Supporters

Well, it's good that you found it, but what a bummer! Can it be fixed with the original parts or will it need a new valve?

Well, it's good that you found it, but what a bummer! Can it be fixed with the original parts or will it need a new valve?

I have bodged a repair. I don't trust it so will try and replace it.

Archived