another newbie

Scorpio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello. i have only ever had springer bb guns but have shot various other guns (air rifles and shotguns etc.) for quite a while so i thought this would be a more action-ish way to shoot. im only 15 so this is all some time far away in the future stuff.

i have searched your forum for info and have made a list of stuff. most importantly it is: CYMA AK (not sure whether to go for full size or folding stock) which will need a 330fps downgrade for my local venue, but i will be renting from them for now.

its the sidearm i am having difficulty with. i have a clear springer already that is pretty powerful for what it is and i plan to take this first time as it will fit easily in my pocket and is not as obvious as those bright two tones, and i hope it wont see too much use.

i have now come across some cheap shotguns for £13 from a good dealers warehouse clearance sale. they were tested at 310fps which sounds pretty good. would this be a good idea to have as a sidearm because if it wont see much use then it should last a while.

i want to get them to two tone the stock and the barrel in bright green then put a stock cover on and tape the barrel at the site and remove it when i leave. this means i can have a gun straight away and would make it possible to have a short match for the walk on fee using the shotgun and clear springer (though i dont want to do this, it would keep down cost).

of course if it will get a lot of use i am looking at getting an electric desert eagle (again have to be two - toned).

thanks.

jordan

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

In my opinion you're much better off saving money on the various purchases and instead get yourself a good quality AEG when the time comes.

ok thanks for the replys! :D

in your opinion how important is a sidearm? do you tend to use it much? (where i am going a gun hit means changing to sidearm, dont know if thats the same everywhere???) is it worth buying something decent or just having a cheap one handy just in case. i dont imagine i would survive long with just a sidearm so it might be unnecessary...

• AF-UK Founding Member

I wouldn't bother with it to start with, if you really start to feel the need for one at your site then go ahead and get one. Also worth asking people on site if they use it there. They might simply have it because they play at another site which it will come into play more, or have various primary options to which a side arm is a must.

Archived