TM Pistols

macarena_66

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am at a loss as to which one to get. Is there an advantage to full-auto? I like the look of the desert eagle or something that packs a punch. I would like something good-looking (maybe vintage), and reliable, with good range, Can anyone help me out/ share experiences?

Desert eagle packs no more a punch than any other GBB pistol.

Less even so, since TM pistols come in at a lower fps than some other brands :P

Never really liked full auto on a pistol. My MP7 empties a 40 round magazine in under 2 seconds. Imagine that in say a glock, where you only have 23bbs...

Better off taking a couple of taps in single and then you have bbs left for the next guy.

• Supporters

OHh boy.

I LOVE TM pistols. awesome. by far the best you can buy (and don't let those who favour KWA's metal and shinyness sway you).

They may well be plastic and lightweight, some feel like toys but they certainly know how to lob a BB!

Full auto? Ignore it. anyone worth their salt can fire a pistol quick enough on semi, auto only serves to waste gas and ruin the pistol quicker.

from there, there is a couple of different things and features to look for:

NBB/GBB

their MK23 NBB is awesome, quite frankly silly range out of those things and compatible with VSR parts, so even sillier range, plus you can't hear them go off beyond about 5/10m outdoors. 10/10 would buy again (I dropped mine ain a swap and lost it.... there goes £200)

GBB as they cycle the round into the chamber they can be fired much more quickly than a NBB pistol, so bear that in mind. I own 4 of TM's GBB's. 10/10 would buy again.

Magazine size/type:

Single versus double stack

It's simple really, single stack mags just don't hold enough gas, go for double.

If you REALLY want a 1911, get a KJW CO2 version, just don't bother with the 1911s/MEU's, still they ARE very pretty.... 5/10 I regret my purchase.

Double stacked XDM fires every round, locks back and then repeats before needing a re-gas 10/10 would regas again.

The 'big one'

the Desert Eagle.

Jesus tittyfucking christ this thing is big! also, the pistol is large.... :rolleyes:

Goes BOOM like a right cannon when you fire it and whilst the recoil takes more time than a CO2 pistol, due to the size and weight of the slide, you get rediculous muzzle-flip and thus, cool factor.

The barrel is long, so as you stated (and Tariq got wrong) the FPS IS higher, and people do tend to comment when running on .25's that 'OW JESUS, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!?'

Plus, it's accurate with a long range to boot (you could skirmish a whole day with it and no rifle given enough mags)

With TM pistols, you are never going to get a lemon, they do run fine on higher powered gasses, the KWA crowd tend to spread that they only work on duster gas, but it's just utter bullshite, myself and collegues have run propane and I've even dabbled a touch of MAP gas through my MEU without issue.

Quickly then, their current range (or there abouts, certainly the common ones you'll see)

1911 (have shot many of)

Stylish, classic. comfy, but the single stack magazine lets it down Very easy to get a retention holster for

MEU (own personally)

Tactical, stylish, Comfy again single stack magazine lets it down Very easy to get a retention holster for

XDM (own personally)

replaceable back strap so good for many hand sizes, tactical, something a bit more unique, kicks like a mule, very accurate. Double stack mags are awesome. needed LOTS of lube. (like every 75 rounds it jammed up, but was livable with. Most 'softers won't fire 75 pistol rounds in anger in a whole year.) Not easy to holster (my Holster for it cost me £120)

PX4 (shot many of)
Same as the XDM, but less recoil and less lubing. I can't get along with the stylings of it. Very easy to get a retention holster for (important with a £150 piece of kit)

Desert eagle (own personally)

THAT KICK, HNNNGGHHHHHHH! silly accurate, awesome gas consumption (double stacked mag, plus extra depth, you basically empty a bottle into each one)

Comes in bad-ass chrome flavour don't even consider trying to holster it...

MK23 (own personally, but it's somewhere in a swamp)

the ultimate sneaky bastard weapon. fires further than an AEG and cannot be heard. slow ROF in comparison. My personal favourite airsoft pistol I've ever owned and it's had more kills than every other RIF I've ever had (most of them combined)

Glocks (G17 advance owned personally, experience with others)

All very similar, just down to preference, double stacked mag, nice kick to them.

Hi capa (experience with)

Again, couple of styles, but essentially the same thing. harder to holster than a 1911, but feels the same in your hands except it has a double stacked mag.

there is a reason they are the 'go to' Practical pistol shooters choice.

M9 (they call it something else) (only ever shot one and only briefly)

Was unimpressed, accurate, kicked alright, but M9 ergonomics aren't for me. seemed to lack the occasion of all of TM's

Hopefully that'll help you. It's certainly wasted a bunch of time I could be sleeping in ;)

"NBB/GBB

their MK23 NBB is awesome, quite frankly silly range out of those things and compatible with VSR parts, so even sillier range, plus you can't hear them go off beyond about 5/10m outdoors. 10/10 would buy again (I dropped mine ain a swap and lost it.... there goes £200)

Double stacked XDM fires every round, locks back and then repeats before needing a re-gas 10/10 would regas again.

The 'big one'

the Desert Eagle.

Jesus tittyfucking christ this thing is big! also, the pistol is large.... :rolleyes:

Goes BOOM like a right cannon when you fire it and whilst the recoil takes more time than a CO2 pistol, due to the size and weight of the slide, you get rediculous muzzle-flip and thus, cool factor.

The barrel is long, so as you stated (and Tariq got wrong) the FPS IS higher, and people do tend to comment when running on .25's that 'OW JESUS, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!?'

Plus, it's accurate with a long range to boot (you could skirmish a whole day with it and no rifle given enough mags)

PX4 (shot many of)
Same as the XDM, but less recoil and less lubing. I can't get along with the stylings of it. Very easy to get a retention holster for (important with a £150 piece of kit)

Desert eagle (own personally)

THAT KICK, HNNNGGHHHHHHH! silly accurate, awesome gas consumption (double stacked mag, plus extra depth, you basically empty a bottle into each one)

Comes in bad-ass chrome flavour don't even consider trying to holster it...

MK23 (own personally, but it's somewhere in a swamp)

the ultimate sneaky bastard weapon. fires further than an AEG and cannot be heard. slow ROF in comparison. My personal favourite airsoft pistol I've ever owned and it's had more kills than every other RIF I've ever had (most of them combined)

Glocks (G17 advance owned personally, experience with others)

All very similar, just down to preference, double stacked mag, nice kick to them.

Hi capa (experience with)

Again, couple of styles, but essentially the same thing. harder to holster than a 1911, but feels the same in your hands except it has a double stacked mag.

there is a reason they are the 'go to' Practical pistol shooters choice."

Thanks for wasting your sleeping time helping a new airsofter who has no idea what he is doing. I've selected the guns that you spoke about favourably in the above quote. Should I go for GBB if I want to go CQBing? Or would a desert eagle/mk23 still kick ass? What is the ROF difference? And also how important is FPS in general, 'cause it is always at the back of my mind when I am looking at airsoft guns. Thanks so much for your help. You're a great guy.

• Supporters

CQB, go for a GBB. model, that's down to personal preference., ability to get a follow up shot off is usually more important than being silent.

ROF doesn't really exist with pistols as it applies to rifles. You won't ever be able to pull the trigger fast enough before everything has reset to worry about it (certainly not as a new player with no real practice, It'd take a VERY good pistol user and a shite pistol to worry about that)

FPS IS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL. It's all down to the hop up and thankfully TM's hop units are made from magic and fairy dust, you'll get a better ranged shot from a TM doing 290fps than pretty much anything else you can use at a skirmish.

Try a few out, get a feel of the main few (Hi capa, PX4, XDM, Glock) and choose from them, you won't be dissapointed with your choice

and no worries, man. It's the reason I'm here, no use having new players buying shitty kit, getting frustrated and leaving the sport as they haven't been well informed.

• Supporters

Dave you forgot the Sig 226, run mine on 0.25's and green gas, was out ranging a couple of rifles last time I used it (albeit not quite as accurate :P)

Would definately reccomend it, tbh would reccomend TM's whole range, even though I've only ever used the 226 :)

FPS is higher yes, but i said TM pistols tend to be still on the lower spectrum.

My KWA ATP was firing 330fps yesterday.

I very much doubt a stock TM, even the deagle would be that high...

• Supporters

I very much doubt you've chono'd mine ;)

ah, yes. I knew I'd missed a couple.

FN5-7

Good range and accuracy, grip feels quite long (it is quite long, really) but has Deagle sized gas storage

Sigs

I won't comment, It'll just end up as a rant about my hatred of Sigs. Standard TM rules for power, range and accuracy apply.

My TM Glock 17 (Generation 3 I think?) is an excellent pistol. Run it on .25s and when there is no wind, it has superb accuracy. The magazines are great quality too.

• Supporters

So TM's Glocks Shoot their Slide's off on Green Gas (Propane with added silicone) and therefore have a major downside so either you can not run them on anything stronger than Green gas for an extended amount of time in this climate or TM don't have quite as good a QC as the TM FanBoy's Claim.

KWA Glocks Run well here in Scotland don't Crack their slide's on GG Granted Mag's can be an asshole to get hold of and Upgrade part's are exspensive and few and far between.

I'd rather a KWA Over a TM because I can run an easy to find gas constantly without worrying about when my Glocks slide will shoot off again.

Yeah my friends slide lasted 1 week before cracking.

Replaced with a Salient Arms G35 slide now, its beautiful.

I'd always go KWA for a skirmishable pistol. Metal, just as reliable, efficient, good hop unit, even better with the TM design upgrade. Considering the gun costs less while still paying for the upgrade why go TM?

Would only go TM for the hicapa as i also shoot AIPSC now, although the KWA ATP is doing me great atm, as well as my revolver :P

I used to have a TM Desert Eagle and it was awesome! Range and even the looks when you pulled it out of the holster. Size was the only issue I sold it. Wish I kept it though but very happy with my XDM now and Hi Capa.

• 1 year later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.