Kriss ends licencing agreement with KWA

akey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is pretty clear, no more Kriss for KWA and no unlicensed versions either.......... wonder if there is another deal in the pipeline. http://www.kriss-arms.com/latest-news/51-kriss-arms-terminates-exclusive-trademark-licensing-with-kwa

Nyon, Switzerland - 18.04.2013 - KRISS Arms, the

Swiss global leader in firearms innovation, announces the termination of

its exclusive trademark licensing with KWA.

This termination affects all current and future KRISS airsoft projects,

including the popular KRISS Vector SMG GBB and upcoming AEG version.

KRISS Arms will also be actively pursuing any infringements of its

patents and trademarks worldwide, including unauthorized manufacturing

and distribution of KRISS product replicas.

As part of its strong

commitment and support to the Milsim and professional training

community, KRISS Arms will be seeking for new innovative partners in the

airsoft industry to market its current and upcoming airsoft products.

About KRISS Arms

KRISS® Arms, an innovative

Swiss-based group, delivers proprietary technologies to the firearms

industry enabling more efficient solutions, corresponding to the 21st

century requirements for the global law enforcement, military and

civilian markets. KRISS is headquartered in Switzerland, with production

and operations in Switzerland, as well as in Virginia Beach, Virginia,

USA

I have to say I find this rather amusing. I mean, it took what, 2-3 years for KWA to get the GBB Vector out, it's barley been on sale 6 months, and now the plug gets pulled. One of the most hyped guns to come out recently.

Anyone else think that KRISS asked KWA to pay more for the license agreement, and KWA wasn't willing to pay?

either that or to many issues getting the AEG version out.

• Supporters

I think Kriss are just being toasted tbh.

Selling licensing rights is going to spread their influence and create another stream of incoming dosh, how can they not want that?

Makes me glad I hated the Vector, now my hatred of the company for doing this seems equally justified.

• Supporters

I think the problem most likely lies with kwa. Its a bit strange if two of their major licenses walk out on them in quick succession.

There must be some good reason for it, I doubt they'd take it away for no reason.

Also been reading about this (please merge these posts)

Apparantly- and this is from a kwa employee so it'll realitvley reliable- KWA have done something which has also caused more than half their staff in the Us to quit their jobs. With so many people and two major companies ending partnership with kwa, there's a major problem in that company somewhere.

One of their major marketing managers (Allizard on many forums) also left kwa to take up a new job with Kriss.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge kriss when it looks like the problem lies elsewhere.

• Supporters

I just realised I said that Kriss were being toasted... That ought to have said 'tossers' lol. Stupid phone.

But that's fair enough then, I wonder what the hell KWA managed to do to make so many people quit. Also quite interested that someone working for an airsoft manufacturer could get a job with Kriss...

• Supporters

I guess when it comes to marketing it wouldn't make too much of a difference ? Though I'm far from a businessman so I wouldn't know :P
He was one of the people who had a big influence in the development, licensing and production of the kwa kiss though.

Allizard said 'KWA is done'
Make of that what you will, but definitely not a good sign.

no idea what could've had such an effect but it can't be good, that's for sure.

Edit: I may as well leave this here

Nope... KWA is done. They can no longer produce and distribute the GBB Vector. Nor the AEG version that's in the work since last year. I know.... I was there.

Perhaps a better question should be asked "What did Yih Kai (KWA's manufacturer and owner) have done to ###### off Kriss?"

There is not much more I can say publicly at this moment. But I will say this.... what they did, not only cause one person to quit US office. More than HALF of KWA staffs in US have QUIT their job. Think about that.

Former KWA Product Marketing Manager

- Allen

Blimey! My monies on issues with the AEG, and poor sales of the current Vector. Even the worst business relationships can be tolerated if the monies flowing. When the money dries up relationships sour pretty quickly.

Still I love a good old business spat.

• Supporters

Why would that make half of the employees walk out? It has to be something more than just poor sales, especially as KwA guns are extremely popular- the UK market for them hardly scratches the surface, they are huge in the US.

Just got my hands on the ATP.

Super impressed, with the quality and performance. Even managed 3 whole magazines before needing re-gassing.

With the loss of contracts, maybe the staff have been given paycuts, and thus people walking out?

Shame about the company, make brilliant products.

oh for flip sake >:(

they are the best gbbs around imo, if they go bust I'll get real upset.

my first thougth was "wth kirss, after all the time, effort and money KWA spent?"... another thing to consider: half their staff left- with the current job situation?! darn!

Just got my hands on the ATP.

Super impressed, with the quality and performance. Even managed 3 whole magazines before needing re-gassing.

With the loss of contracts, maybe the staff have been given paycuts, and thus people walking out?

Shame about the company, make brilliant products.

where did you get the ATP? really keen on it... better buy now.. and stack up p226 mags.

UKMCPRO.

also got 4 spare mags, and a holster.

got everything 20% off aswell.

10% for being a member.

Then another 10% off for a promo they had.

Archived