Airsoft V Paintball

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Airsoft v Paintball  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Airsoft v Paintball

• Airsoft
    • Paintball

This is an Airsoft forum, I think we know the result of this already :D

Edit: Added a poll for you.

Ive got a tipman a5 cost me the best part of £500 for the gun an all the bits an bobs played about 10 games an I hate the bloody thing its as acurate as a blind sniper even when its clamped down and this is firing inside and out side your looking at a 5 inc group on 3 rounds and by my book that aint good

(so I hope air soft guns are better)

Ive been paintball 2 times it sucks. The ammo is so expensive and you can't aim with those things. The standard paintball gun looks like a pipe wiv a trigger! They tried making them look realistic but they still have to put the gas canister on it so i don't know why they bothred.

i used to play paint ball and loved it but i agree with ur points its expesive the guns arnt the best and sometimes at long range u feel more like artillery by aiming ur gun further up to get further aim. which is y i switched to airsoft i feel that it is a more accessible sport but i like paintballs for knowing when i hit someone lol maybe paintball ammo in an airsoft gun??

• 4 months later...

I was a avid paintballer but after a very reluctant trip to an airsoft site i strongly and very quickly changed my mind! the sim of the weapons and game play is much better plus the people that play airsoft are regulars and get fully kitted out and know the game were as paintball is full of stag dooos and oh lets give it ago thereforw leaving the field open with a bunch of AFRAID people who dont want to get hit and hurt and the games often stand still plus you get hit ure out of the game. Its a no-brainer guys. Airsoft all the way!!

A few companies tried that but the paintballs just burst in the gun and damaged it, however you can buy them. Also I don't think I'd be to happy if my tactical gear got covred in paint! :lol:

A company have made a good quality "Marker BB" which uses died liquids except from full on paint... And they dont break up inside your gun

But they have recently came out so i havnt seen any independent reviews about them yet

I was arm twisted by a work friend i took to paintball. He said to me that i should try airsoft as it would be better suited to me. I was dubiouse because i didnt think bbs hitting you would for 1 hurt enough to make you know ud been hit plus the uncertainty of how would you know.

Well needless to say i played and became very addicted YOU DO FEEL IT especialy on the face! as i hate masks i play in mesh goggs and 99.9% of people are honest plus as there are regulars you make good friends as everyone is very friendly (exept the marshals).

Don't know about you guys but when i went paintballing people carried on playing by wiping the paint off, and also head shots dont mean anything. THEY'RE BABIES! a paintball to the face, i mean if your wearing a full face mask then headshots are ok. Also if you aren't 18 yet then grenades are not allowed in paintball, airsoft, well im pretty sure your allowed.

Dont get me wrong paintballers are ok but their often one timers. I won my life membership for being best player and that got me into it but as they are all one timers pretty much you find as i said before they are afraid of being hurt. I was a regular and i only once had someone else with their own gun go at the same time as me! and now my local site banned own guns exept for special days due to complaints of unfair advantge. Seriously all i can say is airsoft is a million times better and cheaper and friendlier

I played paintball for nearly 18 years at all levels and airsoft for nearly 2 years .

two different games really in play and weaponary .

Airsoft by far more realistic and slower play .

Paintball especailly at tournament level is about speed playing on a flat field with inflatables .

Some cross over with the use of field craft and tactical decisions.

Archived