Boston bombings

joshcowin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least 20 bombings happen in Iraq today.

World media put the 2 American deaths on the front page, while the 55+ Iraq deaths get put to the back.

A loss of life is tragic, but the media need to get some priorities...

• Supporters

My first thoughts on seeing it were, "I bet the US media spin this out for as long as humanly possible, just to make a pretty penny"

This is going to spark all sorts of debates, no doubt the blame will fall to video gaming, the whole republican scare mongering media will be saying the 'commy liberals' are going to ban the guns again... It'll all just get blown ridiculously out of proportion for the sake of profit.

The world is screwed up.

There are more important things.

it gets to a point where it just doesnt really phase me much. "A bomb goes off in boson killing 2 people" Cool story bro, But ive been watching the syria coverage on the news. not everything is bigger in America.

Its sad, but sometimes people need to remember that they dont live in a perfect world no matter what lies they try to tell them selfs.

The difference though between places like Iraq and Syria compared to the US is they are in effect war zones and so, no matter how sad it is, deaths are expected whereas in Boston it is very much not expected and thus more shocking.

Iraq isnt a warzone though. There is no fighting, only acts of terrorism.

Do we just assume lots of deaths and just ignore it?

Its simple who he is, A lazy bastard who sat on his roof to watch the marathon because he didnt want to go out of range of his wifi, then saw explosions and thought "sod that Im going to play xbox"

Besides what do we know?

The injurys were largly to the lower limbs (legs) which sugest that the "bomb" must have been placed in something which gave way at its sides and not equal pressure of its container (The side walls were of a different/weaker material than the roof of the casing thrusting the blast along a horizontal path) which suggests home made device. Which shows that it was poorly placed or poorly made signaling an amateur bomber.

Any experienced bomb maker would of used better materials to insure that more people were killed.

In all, Id say that the person responsible is a min 20's high school drop out who wanted to one up "hero"

so far this year, there has been several guys trying to on up each other by killing/hurting more people. I put it that this isnt an act of world wide terrorist cells, but rather a single individual or small group wanting to become the next big thing.

Now I may be 100% wrong, but thats what I conclude from the events.

Iraq isnt a warzone though. There is no fighting, only acts of terrorism.

Do we just assume lots of deaths and just ignore it?

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic"

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic"

so by that, we can just fuck remembrance day right off then???

"The death of one white man is a tragedy, the death of millions of others is a statistic"

Fixed it ;)

so by that, we can just f*ck remembrance day right off then???

World works in, often stupid ways.

People care when its their land and their people, dont care if it's elsewhere, especially if there was a war with them at some point.

for me its bad because america is always going on about how strict they are against terrorism then this happens on their own homeplace.also iraq their has been war,so has afghan and is home to terrorists (they train in pakistan)

• Supporters

Lol the daily mail, there's a waste of time if I ever saw one.

This is a sad event of course, but being in America, it is of course at this moment in time, the worst thing ever to have occurred.

for me its bad because america is always going on about how strict they are against terrorism then this happens on their own homeplace.also iraq their has been war,so has afghan and is home to terrorists (they train in pakistan)

Everywhere is home to terrorists ¬_¬

A person is not judged by his race, country, religion or sex, but judged by his actions...

I wish everyone understood that tariq, y'know, us being muslims and all...

Btw, just for clarity, incase some didn't know: Pakistan DID help some "certain" groups/organisations, but then they tried to make a deal with them, which was denied, a large fight took place, and they're not friends any more. Although, they might train covertly, the SSG probably would've taken them out by now if they were doing it so openly.

bomb goes off in norn iron, its just another bomb, bomb goes off in america, histeria, giving the persons whom did it exactly what they want.

insert russian joke when bomb goes off man only asks who farted...

• Supporters

Before I say anything else, this incident in Boston is basically, not a big deal. Worse things happen on a larger scale all over the world every day, even America have seen worse on a larger scale. If this had happened the day after 911, we probably wouldn't even know about it. How many people remember or know about what happened regarding the 3rd plane that was hijacked on 911? 'Cos that was worse than this. A lot worse, but there was next to no news coverage on that.

It's all about perspective. Unless you were there when the Boston bombings happened, or you personally know someone involved, it's essentially a non-issue. It could be a scene from a TV show and no one would have any different feelings about it.

We've been desensitised to it, the photos on Facebook of people's legs missing and stuff aren't all that shocking anymore, I've seen a video of a guy with his lower jaw missing in Syria, even videos of people being being blown apart by 30mm gatling guns from the view of an Apache gunner.

America practically ask to be bombed on a daily basis, they're intolerant of race, sex and especially religion, they promote their own influence all over every corner of the globe and they refuse to tone it down when people find it offensive or vulgar.

Also, Justin Beiber.

I'm amazed we haven't been bombed about One Direction yet...

I'm just going to the hardware store...

• Supporters

Before I say anything else, this incident in Boston is basically, not a big deal. Worse things happen on a larger scale all over the world every day, even America have seen worse on a larger scale. If this had happened the day after 911, we probably wouldn't even know about it. How many people remember or know about what happened regarding the 3rd plane that was hijacked on 911?

Playing the devil's advocate here: didn't it hit the pentagon? Or was it the one that hit the field after people fighting back?

• Supporters

I forget exactly, but it was heading for the Pentagon, yeah. It was still a whole plane full of people dead though. More than 3 in any case. Massively higher public damage costs and stuff too.

Also, Justin Beiber.

I'm amazed we haven't been bombed about One Direction yet...

I'm just going to the hardware store...

This is full of win.

but yeah, we all know 9/11 because americans never shut the hell up about it, Christ I dont even remember he date to the london underground bombs, was news for a bit then just faded out into the history books to be forgotten. As like the rest of the world we move on, USA isnt like that, they are like the crazy chick then still has the condom you used 10 years ago in her purse and sniffs it every night before bed just to bask in the memory.

• Supporters

Haha, I have yet to be permanently, mentally scarred by meeting anyone like that.

There were 4 planes. 1 in each tower, 1 in the pentagon and 1 in the field.

Well there you go! I didn't even remember it well enough to know that there were 4, because of the media coverage.

Haha, I have yet to be permanently, mentally scarred by meeting anyone like that.

Well there you go! I didn't even remember it well enough to know that there were 4, because of the media coverage.

The reason we don't hear about those planes which hit the field and the pentagon is because it isn't considered as tragic as the 9/11 bombings. Nothing makes the news unless they reckon it will grab peoples attention. That's why every one wanted to know about 9/11 because they thought it could happen to them as well. As soon as people lose interest, it is taken off the news and replaced with something else. That's why we never hear anything about Syria anymore because the majority of people have lost interest in it. Does anyone hear still think about the war for the Gaza Strip? That's still going on.

That war in Gaza, is hardly a war tbh, it is (as one palestinian said) "systematic genocide"..

9/11 weren't classed as a bombing from the media's point of view, just an attack..

from a conspiracy theorist's point of view however...? Yes, they were bombings by the US Govt. but I make no comment on that as I can't prove or disprove these theories...

also take a look at this: http://nickpowellfans.lockerdome.com/media/107291588

sorry about the website, just where i was linked to by another person. I don't know who Nick Powell is XD

Archived