Flyye Industries WSH (Weesatch) Chest Rig

Hav0c
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whats up guys, was wondering if this rig is worth its £60 price tag. I'm looking at buying a new Chest Rig before June and I came across this, it sure is nice looking and it has the space for 12 Stanag mags. Was wanting to know if i should take the plunge and purchase or wait for the WAS Centurion Mk1 to come back in stock on UK Tactical. Oh, and one other thing; does anyone know if this has a back panel or is compatible with one.

Thanks

Product link: http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-c003-cb-flyye-wsh-chest-rig-coyote-brown.html

• Supporters

+1 to 'worth it'

my RICAS cost me £50 2nd hand

• Supporters

I have it in Multicam and I was never a fan.

It does have a back panel though to answer your question and the back panel, and the front section for that matter, are essentially gigantic pockets, they could easily fit full size ballistic plates in there, or some sort of hydration system in the back. I used the foam padding you get with G&P rifles to fill the front and back sections on mine, to help it mould to my shape a bit better, as well as make it a bit more comfortable.

There are no side sections though, which I didn't really enjoy much, it feels very open, and allows for a lot of side to side movement.

What I hated about mine was how it never quite felt properly secure, it only tightens at the bottom to hold it close to you, and the shoulder straps are adjustable for length, so you can change the height it sits and how tight it is around the bottom, but everything between your shoulders and the lower strap just feels really loose and even when I was almost squeezing my guts out, it still jiggled around whenever I was running.

Additionally, the lower strap tightens around the front of the magazines, not the back. So if you adjust the fit without magazines in, then try and put them in, you can't. You'll have to readjust. Similarly, if you adjust it for when it's full of magazines, and you take them all out and put them in a dump pouch or something as you use them, then with each magazine, the fit gets looser. It's a really, really stupid design and I never really got on with it as a result.

It also has a really large size when viewed in profile and it's full of mags. It makes you feel pregnant and going prone is basically impossible, crawling is also hard because of the lack of support in the middle section, so those might be things to consider if you're a run and gun style player that gets low and fast a lot.

On the plus side though, it has more molle than you can shake a stick at, it is very well made, despite the terrible design and it will hold out against a near infinite amount of rough treatment. I'm also sure that almost anyone could fit into it.

So from that, I'll let you make up your own mind.

In my opinion though, it is over priced. Especially the Multicam one, which is £100!

I'd rather get a Warrior DCS or RICAS for a better and more secure fit and then buy all the pouches for it separately. Lets you keep your options open a bit and set it up differently to suit different situations.

On the plus side though, it has more molle than you can shake a stick at, it is very well made, despite the terrible design and it will hold out against a near infinite amount of rough treatment. I'm also sure that almost anyone could fit into it.

So from that, I'll let you make up your own mind.

In my opinion though, it is over priced. Especially the Multicam one, which is £100!

I'd rather get a Warrior DCS or RICAS for a better and more secure fit and then buy all the pouches for it separately. Lets you keep your options open a bit and set it up differently to suit different situations.

Think im juat going to wait til UK Tactical have the Centurion and back panel back in stock rather than the WSH, a lot more positive reviews for that bit of kit.

Thanks for your input Ed, much appreciated!

Think im juat going to wait til UK Tactical have the Centurion and back panel back in stock rather than the WSH, a lot more positive reviews for that bit of kit.

Thanks for your input Ed, much appreciated!

I'm beginning to doubt uk tactical ever will get any new warrior stock in. They don't reply to emails or answer the phone much either.

Archived