APS

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm probably gonna get the UAR. My dad's thinking of getting an AK from them and an M4 when he sells his sopmod.

I was actually looking at that rifle just now but in black. The barrel and flash hider is awesome. I don't like how the rail at the top breaks off though so I'd probably get a madbull or dytac rail.

Their blowback is simply a fake bolt stuck to the piston or something along the lines of that.Does not put much strain on the Gearbox. Works like Classic Army blowbacks.

APS guns has rather nice externals but internals are sub par. However,their new 'Hybrid' Gearbox is very good, I think it's an upgrade option.Maybe it comes in some guns,I'm not sure.

• Supporters

A mate had an APS AK 74s? The one with the folding stock?

Well it had a lot of issues at first, motor cage broke somehow, gearbox kept getting clogged with paint and metal chips from where the blowback mech was connected to it as there was a lot of friction in the housing of it. It definitely was putting strain on the gearbox. Though it was an AK, the M4 series rifles have a lot less weight to shift.

He replaced the motor cage and I sorted the gearbox out and disabled the blowback for him. After that it was one of the best performing guns I've ever seen, and it was entirely stock. 300fps and the range and accuracy were mental. He stuck a PSO on it and actually fielded it as a legitimate DMR.

So if you're tech savvy, go for it. But be aware that despite the price, I wouldn't say they made particularly good beginner guns.

So if you're tech savvy, go for it.

Good friends with a techie so he can have a look. I ysed to get JG's when they were still about and upgrade them. Sometimes the cheaper stuff is a good platform to upgrade from.

But be aware that despite the price, I wouldn't say they made particularly good beginner guns.

I've been playing 6 years so that isn't a problem. :P

Archived