Want to see an AK47 die?

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Now then folks,

I've started putting pen to paper on some content for an airsoft blog I'm planning to launch pretty soon. This blog is gonna be a bit of everything once I get going, there'll be written articles covering everything airsoft as well as videos, photography etc etc.

I've got an AK project going on which is going to be covered, but before I do that, I was wondering if people would like to see me take a stock ex-rental TM AK down to a range and put drum-mag after drum-mag through it, purely to see how many rounds it'll take in one sitting before it dies.

Worth recording for people to see, or should I just keep it to myself?

Yes, I'd very much like to see, maybe in a 2x speed sort of thing, and normal speed when something happens (IE breaks in some way).

• Supporters

I'm with James on this: you'll run out of video storage before a stock TM fails through normal use, but I'd like to see the edited highlights, yeah.

I have had a TM AK for almost 12 years and it is still going strong...plus it's an AK, which will be one of the few things that survive the apocalypse along with cockroaches.

I have had a TM AK for almost 12 years and it is still going strong...plus it's an AK, which will be one of the few things that survive the apocalypse along with cockroaches.

yeah thats the real ak this is an old batterd airsoft ak not really the same thing the real ones will last ages airsoft will last as long as any airsoft gun will.

• Supporters

Guys, the fact it'll last forever is precisely why it would be an interesting thing to torture test to destruction.

Go for it. Will show if TM are worth the money or not but given that it was a rental probably speaks volumes in itself. My local site uses AK's of some description as hire's but always are breaking!

You could give it a real test like burying it in dirt or dropping it from a height, freezing it and then maybe if it is still alive take out the battery and put it in some water, see how much they are like the real things.

• Supporters

Fill it with bacon like FPS Russia recently did. The real one can fuction when full of it, and cook it.

I don't think the TM will match that.

Fill it with bacon like FPS Russia recently did. The real one can fuction when full of it, and cook it.

I don't think the TM will match that.

Fit a few around the gearbox, a bad wiring job, and you never know :rolleyes:

Archived