Guns for £300?

streetwise
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just the gun or do you want extra magazines etc?

TBH there is a fair list of decent guns you could get for £300.

• Supporters

Anything ICS, G&G, or G&P would be my vote.

Specifically the ICS L85 and M4/16 series, G&P M4s, and G&G everything from the Top Tech line.

Vfc are good too, I think their E series M4s are under £300 which allows you to buy mags etc. :)

In my opinion, don't get anything from g&g unless its from its top tech range, my g&g scar is great but I had so many problems with it when I first got it :/

Apart from that I agree with ed!

My first question, as always would be:

What type of gun do you like the look of? Once this is answered then we can suggest manufacturers.

next would be:

What is my budget, and does that include batteries and a few magazines, or is the budget gun only.

After that then we can be more helpful.

In my opinion, don't get anything from g&g unless its from its top tech range, my g&g scar is great but I had so many problems with it when I first got it :/

Apart from that I agree with ed!

Cheers for the advice, ill keep that in mind :-)

Got a brand new cyma AKM for £125 incl delivery, gives a lot of room for spares etc

where from? :D i want an ak

where from? :D i want an ak

I'm guessing you can link to to other retailers on here? - its on acmgear.com if you google they have a 10% of code as well. It hasn't arrived yet and I've never ordered a complete rif from HK before, but a full steel and wood AK (and some other goodies) for £125 figured I would give it a shot

sounds like a good deal, i'll take a look and search for some feedback..

• Supporters

CYMA AK's are really, really good. You may want to be careful not to dismantle and reassemble it too often though. That's how i fucked mine up!

Ells, which CYMA AK have you ordered because I've just looked and they're charging $54-odd for shipping!

CYMA AK's are really, really good. You may want to be careful not to dismantle and reassemble it too often though. That's how i fucked mine up!

Ells, which CYMA AK have you ordered because I've just looked and they're charging $54-odd for shipping!

the 048m, this one http://www.acmgear.com/cyma-cm048m-p-3200.html got a scope mount as well and came to $190 (incl the 10% off & Shipping) which my bank (Santander) charged me about £125 for. I saw a similar one in the UK for £200 not including postage or mount

My vote is for VFC M4s/416, or a G&P M4.

I am so in love with my VFC SR-16 i cant bring myself to sell it! (i want a WE SCAR GBB!!)

When buying a CYMA AK,avoid the 031. go for the 028 or the 035+ models. The 031 is the worst combined of both those models( in my opinion at least.)

Personally,I would say get an LCT,but whatevs.

If you have 300£ to spend may as well get a G&G Toptech, or higher end ICS guns.

This Sten MK II is invincible,it's a gearbox shoved in a chunk of steel.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/mkii-sten.html

• Supporters

the 048m, this one http://www.acmgear.com/cyma-cm048m-p-3200.html got a scope mount as well and came to $190 (incl the 10% off & Shipping) which my bank (Santander) charged me about £125 for. I saw a similar one in the UK for £200 not including postage or mount

Lovely! Only my 2nd choice however. I would have gone for the CM048 - another VFC clone, the same as the 048M, but not only looking like an AK-74 instead of an AKM, but also having 40mm more inner barrel. If their TM clones are anything to go by, we should expect their VFC clones to be better than the originals.

I'm not so sure about LCT AK's - they have some really good external bits, but I have doubts about the internals. I've reviewed one here. I suspect that if you grafted a CYMA AK inner barrel, hop unit, and hop rubber into an LCT, you'd have a gun worth shouting about.

The 2009 Versions of the LCT AKs are spoken Of quite highly,the NV versions are not amazing. LCT have mixed in pot metal into the steel,shoved in shittier internals, increased the price,changed the name and called it a day.
I checked out the one you reviewed,but I agree with what Finius said,it looks like the retailer bought a Gearbox and LCT kit seperatly and shoddily assembled them. An LCT AK I molested at a shop was a fine piece of craftsmanship,Shot pretty well too.

I agree though,an LCT AK with Marui/Cyma hop and barrel will be a hell of a gun.

VFC AKs are very nice too,good externals and internals through out.

• Supporters

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I said in the review that I thought mine was a body kit with the other necessaries thrown together willy-nilly. What really pisses me off though is that to buy just a body kit is more expensive than the gun! Still, since then I've found out that the motor cage is standard for V3 gearboxes so, for between £335-55, someone could build a really excellent skirmishable AK using that gun I reviewed as a starting point.

I may do it myself if another one crops up at a similar price, but Fire Support no longer have it and I've got other plans that will absorb most of my cash for the foreseeable future.

Archived