M1911A1 Custom

Lucas3004
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, just thought i'd get opinions on a little project I worked on recently. After owning a WE Hi-cappa 5.1 1911 for some time I decided to spruce up the (rather worn by now) appearance and give it a nice custom feel.

The 1911 I purchased was via this forum and performed very well, felt great to shoot etc and was a nice introduction to gbb pistols.

4.jpg

After skirmishing in both urban and woodland for some time it has not let me down but is starting to show general wear and tear. So I decided to remove the paint from the slide, front sight, slide lock and thumb safety and add some better grips

and a new barrel (with .45ACP markings) with adapter .

7.jpg

This gave it a nice custom finish which I love and enhanced by adding some rosewood grips, a blackside barrel extension (madbull) and extended the barrel. I also removed the paint from a magazine to compare with the original magazine, which improves the aesthetic quality.

2013-04-21183322-1.jpg

10.jpg

Following general maintenance the gun still performs about the same as it did with marginally tighter accuracy over distance but it now feels like a brand new pistol! I use predator ultra gas and 0.25s and gives a lovely kick.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

[Yes it is not dissimilar from the one in MGS3 :D]

MGS3 anyone? love that game! and the gun

Archived