Emerson Gen 2 Combat Trousers

Hav0c
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there, was wondering if anyone has any experience with these trousers and would kindly tell me if they are worth buying from overseas as I cannot find any retailers which sell then in the UK. ebairsoft have them in coyote (the colour I will be needing) but I'm a bit unsure whether or not to order from there.

Any help is much appreciated, Hav0c

An alternative could be the Elite Tactical trousers from UKMCPRO. Just a suggestion.

There is a uk eBay seller who has Emerson gen 2's.

Clawgear stalker gen 2's are much better. They are reduced to £50 on the clawgear website as the gen 3's are due to come out.

Mine arrived yesterday and they are very high quality.

There is a uk eBay seller who has Emerson gen 2's.

Clawgear stalker gen 2's are much better. They are reduced to £50 on the clawgear website as the gen 3's are due to come out.

Mine arrived yesterday and they are very high quality.

Are the Clawgear available in Coyote/Sand?

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/14696-emerson-combat-gen-2-multicam-with-knee-and-elbow-pads/#entry99615 there excellent, im just selling mine as I am dropping all my MC kit and going back to an ACU US Ranger loadout.

I would, buuuut, they are too big for me and I'm looking for a set in Coyote :(

+1 on the Stalkers. Mine cost £80 last year! Great quality, very well made.

The Emersons aren't too bad for the price, but a lot of them are "Asian cut" so you generally need to order a size bigger than you would normally wear!

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't been seen in any trousers with built in knee pads, it looks chip shop!!!! Lets face it, how many SF or Regulars do you see cutting round with built in knee pads? None!!!

Stay well clear and just buy a knee pad!!

• Supporters

I hope you're being sarcastic?

Sf get issued crye kit, and I've got half a dozen pics of regular guy with private purchase crye kit

Just got a pair of Emerson's through in black for CQB. For £30ish posted they look great! They fit very well - I'm 36inch waist and ordered the Large. The pads are in the right place, unlike the Elite ones I have where they turn inwards. I'm very happy with them, and will be testing them at my next game :)

• Supporters

I wouldn't been seen in any trousers with built in knee pads, it looks chip shop!!!! Lets face it, how many SF or Regulars do you see cutting round with built in knee pads? None!!!

Stay well clear and just buy a knee pad!!

That's gotta be a joke right? LOADS of regulars wear crye pants and I'm pretty sure 'they' get issued them.

Additionally, the americans LOVE them, if you're doing any kind of seal/delta/CAG impression then built in knee pads are a must.

That's gotta be a joke right? LOADS of regulars wear crye pants and I'm pretty sure 'they' get issued them.

Additionally, the americans LOVE them, if you're doing any kind of seal/delta/CAG impression then built in knee pads are a must.

Regulars categorically do not, or would ever be allowed to wear those crye pants and I speak from experience on this one. As for "they" I couldn't really pass to much comment and imagine that your stock SF photos are probably not of "them".

I'm not doubting how good they are and I'm sure the Americans do wear them but can't really see Brits wearing them, trousers with built in need pads have been a standing joke for years! But.......they do look comfy!!!

I hope you're being sarcastic?

Sf get issued crye kit, and I've got half a dozen pics of regular guy with private purchase crye kit

British SF issued with trousers with built in need pads, never! Trousers such as that have been a standing joke for years! As for "other" regulars wearing crye, not a chance!

I'm not doubting the yank SF units wear them but no self respecting squaddie would be seen dead in them!

British SF issued with trousers with built in need pads, never! Trousers such as that have been a standing joke for years! As for "other" regulars wearing crye, not a chance!

I'm not doubting the yank SF units wear them but no self respecting squaddie would be seen dead in them!

Where does he say Brits? He mentions seals and delta. German SF wear them too.

Personally I couldn't give a **** who wears them. I like airsoft, but I don't feel the need to "dress up" as anything or anyone when I play. I also think the built in knee pads on my claw gear stalkers, are much better than any separate knee pad.

• Supporters

Well, I jumped off the loading dock at The Stan to avoid a flash bang kill one time, landed in a pile of rubbish/rubble/debris, went straight over onto my knee pads and then, as I tucked my plastic bodied AK in against my chest, used my elbow pads out in front of my body so I could roll... and come up without a mark on me. A lad beside me was very surprised and asked me a few times if I was sure I was alright; I was so surprised that I seemed to be ok that I started doubting myself! It really was pretty spectacular.

200lbs - I don't believe built in pads could have absorbed that much energy without me getting bruised or worse. Worth pointing out that I was wearing German Para Boots too, not some gucci Goretex efforts that would have probably supported my ankles about as much as a chocolate sock. Pyrohide & Kevlar gloves helped in the springing back up too - I can put my hands onto/into just about anything short of molten metal in them without any problems. I like hard knuckle gloves for the look and better feel through the fingertips, but compared to my Pyrohide ones they're shite for protection.

I suppose it depends on how physical you want to be on an airsoft site, but I also enjoy being able to slosh through mud/water because my boots can take it and kneel in medium consistency mud because my knee pads are big enough to keep the damp off my kecks. Now obviously if I were being fired at with live rounds I would take those small discomforts in my stride and, indeed, there are times when airsoft gets my adrenaline going enough that I will ignore wet/dirt/thorns/etc, but nonetheless it's nice to have a head start.

What fantastic knee pads do I refer to then? :D ACM £12 for knee and elbow pads - 3 times through the washer and they started falling apart so I fixed them with black gaffer tape. Since then they've had a layer of WebTex camo tape on them too, although it's badly worn through on the knees now. The point though is that they retain the fat foam pad behind the wide hard shell. The same with the elbow pads, although I have replaced them with some Hatch Centurion simply because I managed to get 'em for £8-ish.

I can't imagine choosing built in pads unless i spot a monster deal so it's worth giving them a go because I don't care if it turns out to be a waste of dosh :)

• Supporters

http://www.arrse.co.uk/content/730-review-crye-precision-combat-pants-ac.html

Read the comments, quite an old review and first hand reports of SBS wearing them as we'll as several regulars claiming to have used them in Afghanistan.

Crye pants are definitely legit for UKSF impressions, though admittedly a bit niche for a standard squaddie brownjob impression.

Well, I jumped off the loading dock at The Stan to avoid a flash bang kill one time, landed in a pile of rubbish/rubble/debris, went straight over onto my knee pads and then, as I tucked my plastic bodied AK in against my chest, used my elbow pads out in front of my body so I could roll... and come up without a mark on me. A lad beside me was very surprised and asked me a few times if I was sure I was alright; I was so surprised that I seemed to be ok that I started doubting myself! It really was pretty spectacular.

200lbs - I don't believe built in pads could have absorbed that much energy without me getting bruised or worse. Worth pointing out that I was wearing German Para Boots too, not some gucci Goretex efforts that would have probably supported my ankles about as much as a chocolate sock. Pyrohide & Kevlar gloves helped in the springing back up too - I can put my hands onto/into just about anything short of molten metal in them without any problems. I like hard knuckle gloves for the look and better feel through the fingertips, but compared to my Pyrohide ones they're shite for protection.

I suppose it depends on how physical you want to be on an airsoft site, but I also enjoy being able to slosh through mud/water because my boots can take it and kneel in medium consistency mud because my knee pads are big enough to keep the damp off my kecks. Now obviously if I were being fired at with live rounds I would take those small discomforts in my stride and, indeed, there are times when airsoft gets my adrenaline going enough that I will ignore wet/dirt/thorns/etc, but nonetheless it's nice to have a head start.

What fantastic knee pads do I refer to then? :D ACM £12 for knee and elbow pads - 3 times through the washer and they started falling apart so I fixed them with black gaffer tape. Since then they've had a layer of WebTex camo tape on them too, although it's badly worn through on the knees now. The point though is that they retain the fat foam pad behind the wide hard shell. The same with the elbow pads, although I have replaced them with some Hatch Centurion simply because I managed to get 'em for £8-ish.

I can't imagine choosing built in pads unless i spot a monster deal so it's worth giving them a go because I don't care if it turns out to be a waste of dosh :)

tickle me side ways, 10 out of 10 for originality and by the content of the first paragraph are you sure you are not Andy McGrab's ghost writer?? If not then a new career awaits!!

• Supporters

Ah, but this really happened.

Archived