increase range and accuracy

luiz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys wondering if you could help im pretty new to airsoft, ive got a kwa m4a1 ive had a madbull 6.03 363mm barrel fitted, was just wondering where can i go now to get that little bit extra range and accuracy out of my gun, new hop up (was thinking madbull ultimate 3 in 1 hop up)? new bucking (everyone has mentioned firefly bucking any good?) or longer barrel?.30 bbs? (i use .25 at the mo)? not sure guys some help would be good, oh my gun shots at 320 -340 fps, thanks

I would recommend new hop up and possibly to get a mock suppressor which would let you further increase your inner barrel length. Also, you should use heavier ammo to keep the FPS down. I would advise you to fit optics to your gun, maybe a red dot or an ACOG if you are willing to spend a bit more money.

Use .25g, anything heavier will just make the BB fall early.

Madbull hop up sounds good.

Some people use 6.01mm diameter inner barrels but even the tiniest bit of dirt can ruin it.

You shouldn't expect the gun to fire super long distances, it's only an airsoft gun. For most AEGs, 80m seems like the absolute limit. You're gun seems perfect for distance and accuracy.

thanks for the help guys, gonna go with a new hop up i think and see how i get on, im getting about 25-30 metres fairly accuratley at the mo.

• Supporters

I've seen websites claim 80m range for guns but I've yet to see one shoot anywhere near that far.

• Supporters

Mine can hit 60m with relative ease, measured it with Google maps' measure-y tool thing, got it on camera too, but I have to aim a good 3 feet above the target. I reckon I could hit 80 if I went proper full on mortar style and used .30s but it'd take a fair few shots to hit anyone.

But yeah, websites just quote mad shit to get sales.

I wonder if JBBG's ears are burning...

Archived