LWA no longer stocking ICS stuff

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

From the 10th of April 2013 Land Warrior Airsoft Ltd is withdrawing as a stockist for ICS products.

The reasons are varied but can be summed up briefly:

ICS wish LWA to now buy our products from a competitor. We cannot soundly justify buying from a competitor which will weaken our position within the market, reduce the speed at which products are available and increase costs.

LWA has received very little technical back up from ICS in the form of warranty and problematic brand new rifles. LWA repaired these items at its own cost in the past and we do not believe how introducing an additional step with improve this.

ICS has continually questioned LWA's marketing and sales tactics yet has been unwilling to assist us with UK specific ideas.

The withdrawal from as a stockist is a stark contrast to what was agreed during meetings we had at the IWA show and in previous communications.

We will continue to honour our warranties with existing customer and for new customers are we reduce our stocks. Warranty still stands at 18 months for pro line (the longest ICS warranty in the Europe), 12 months for sport line. We will not cover any work on non LWA purchased ICS rifles.

So it is with a heavy heart yet a clear conscious that we move forward without ICS, we would like to thank the staff and players who have supported ICS and LWA working together.

Please feel free to ask questions here, or via the LWA webform.

Alternatively you can contact ICS via their Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/ICSairsoftgun

Regards

Scott Allan

Managing Director

Land Warrior Airsoft Ltd

• Supporters

I can understand them refusing to buy through Fire-Support, it does seem a little stupid them paying the competition for stock. My site's shop are having to do the same.

• Supporters

It is slightly disappointing, yeah :(

My site said Fire-Support refused to stock them at first, it wasn't until they tried to get stuff from ICS direct that they were told to ask Fire-Support again, at which point they forwarded the email from ICS and Fire-Support changed their tune in an instant.

Dunno what sort of trade deals they've got going on, but you'd have thought it would benefit everyone to get direct from ICS, especially ICS themselves.

It'd certainly promote some actual competition. At the minute it seems that Fire-Support have an absolute monopoly on ICS products.

• Supporters

I don't think they're going to seek out any other manufacturers to fill the void, they'll just stop stocking ICS. Maybe across the board we'll see a minor increase in price to make up for the loss, but I'm not worried or anything.

LWA are my favourite shop. So long as they keep me happy with their service I don't care what they do.

• Supporters

Just seen ICS announce on Facebook that LWA are now Scotland's sole distributor of ICS products.

So they've obviously sorted something out.

at least ICS listened.

TM on the otherhand...

Archived