Bolle glasses

Yakito
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there.

I am new to airsoft. I only did it two times, but I already noticed a few things.
A mesh is horrible. I hate it. Sun reflects off of it, mask makes me sweat a lot more than I should.

I've been told to buy some glasses, but I am not willing to spend 40 pounds on a pair, because from what I've heard even the ones for 5 pounds can protect you for years (heard it from a veteran who has been using a cheap pair). Now, I am not going to go for these cheap ones, but I've been told that Bolle glasses are really good.

And then I read about fogging. It's scaring me. I know I sweat a lot, but I guess there are stuff you can buy to fix that.

So my questions are:

- has anybody had experience with the following glases?

- do you feel they are safe (mainly talking about protection from the sides)?

- do you think they fog a lot?

Bolle Tracker II
http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Bolle-Tracker-II-Safety-Spectacles-Clear_AWWO8.aspx#.UWRnIMrNg7s

Bolle Nylsun

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Safety-Nylsun-Sunglasses-Tactical-Spectacles/dp/B007G8C3M2

Bolle Targa
http://www.military1st.co.uk/15638002-bolle-targa-iii-glasses-smoke-black-frame.html

Bolle Cobra
http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/bolle-cobra-tactical-goggles-7136-p.asp

And which ones would you pick?

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help :)

I have a set of the trackers, in smoke tint. Fogs like a bitch unless you remove the foam part. Still pretty comfy without it but does still fog slightly.

Tend to use em while riding my motorbike now rather than airsoft because of this.

Have 2 sets of clear glasses from bolle though.

1 lasted a year before starting to fog, and eventually died when a piece of metal flew off a lathe and scratched them up :(

Now using these, and i've only had them fog up during a night shoot

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Bolle-Contour-Anti-Mist-Safety-Spectacles-Clear_AWWUI.aspx#.UWRoNZOG1gw

No set of glasses are fog-proof. Thats why i really use Mesh. The little bit of glare is nothing compared to being able to see fuck all when it fogs up and you have to run back to the safe zone, give them a rub down and then return 10 minutes later to do the same thing.

I have a bunch of tracker's if you want one PM me. I don't know what they're like, but I think Tariq's provided lots of useful info. I use mesh because pros outweigh the cons IMO :)

But yeah if you still want some trackers we can work out a deal (Although FYI, they've been used by actual soldiers, so I shall pick out and best looking pair and i'll also have to give them a good clean for you if you are looking for some)

• Supporters

I have a pair of Hero Shark goggles that have mesh replacing the wrap lens of the Bolle Cobra type. The fit isn't bad, but I did have to bend them a bit. They're pretty good for side protection. The only thing is that the Hero Shark mesh isn't as good as cheaper woven mesh for seeing through.

I don't know what mesh you've found more problems with reflections with than fogging causes but I'd choose crap mesh over expensive lenses 100% of the time.

Thank you for the nice responses.
I've been told that mesh can be dangerous as pieces of bbs can go through it and damage the eye, but I haven't heard anybody have that problem. I guess I could take the foam off the Trackers or I could just buy a mesh.
I wish there was a shop near Derby so I could go and try different stuff on.

I think I will reconsider buying a mesh. It's just that I've been trying to find some good eye protection for 2 days and it's a bit annoying :)

I've heard people always complain that mesh is bad because the bb will shatter..but if you ask, no one's ever had it happen to them lol. I wear normal glasses everday so I guess I do have a slight aspect of double eye-pro if a bb were to shatter.

• Supporters

I had a piece of shattered BB get through my Hero Sharks on 30th March. I think it shattered on my gun, but it may have been on cover. It's also possible that it wasn't actually a fragment of BB that hit me, but a bit of something that a BB knocked into my face.

Anyway, it didn't do me any harm. It was just like any bit of crap that I've had in my eye before: itchy, annoying, probably could have scratched my eye if I had rubbed it a lot. I didn't. I didn't even need to go back to the safe zone immediately, that's how little it bothered me. Once I was back in the safe zone, I just held my eyelids open and blinked a load of tears into my eye to wash it into the outside corner and picked it out - no problem.

I believe Ed has had something similar happen to him.

I would suggest that you ask other players to try on their eyepro, Yakito, next time you are at a site. Where are you playing? If you come to Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield people are very friendly. If you let me know beforehand, I'll bring a bunch of spare gear so you can try playing in a few different types of mesh.

Thank you for the kind offer, but I play at Matlock, so I would not be able to reach Mansfield right now.
I will ask around, but I wanted to have my goggles before the next game. Wearing a full face mask that they give on the site gets really uncomfortable and half of my face is red and sore after the games.
I think I will just have to roll a dice and let the fate pick my eye protection for me. Both mesh and goggles seem nice, and they both have their cons. A piece of bb can go through the mes, and a bb can also go through the side of my glasses.

Had the Cobras for my first couple of games. Fogged up to hell no matter what environment I was in, warm, cold, humid, dry. I ended up forking out for Abbeys anti-mist spray but that didn't help a great deal. Ended up buying mesh and have been using them since but might consider regular glasses once (if) the sunnier weather arrives, but I will always keep my mesh for backup. The sun doesn't just glare off your mesh it makes everything (more) darker if you get the black ones.

Archived