Lonex M90 Spring.

Qlimax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi All,

Wanted to ask a question as now I am confused now, I've bought an M90 Lonex upgrade spring but it's like an inch shorter than the standard spring ? this can't be right surely, I bought one last week that came the same size it was the SHS M90 and upon chrono it was like 220Fps I thought that it may have been an error on the suppliers part so I've ordered this Lonex one from a supplier a trust 100% and again a spring that is shorter, haven't had chance to get it in a gearbox yet though but wanted to ask if anyone knew of why it would be smaller !!!!

Thanks

img2013040900167.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the spring should still work as i have loads of springs due to quick change gearbox so i change my spring a lot and they are just different sizes you will just have to compress it a bit to get it in.

Length is definitely not a worry with AEG springs. Most of mine are the longer type and depending on spring rate are anything from an M80 to M130. But my strongest is an M140 that is at least 3cm shorter than standard and still pushes out more FPS than any of the others. It's not so much the length but the strength of the spring that counts.

Also, just a thought, but what size inner barrel is the spring being used with? I've found previously that the length of the inner it's used with can alter the final fps quite significantly. One gearbox firing at around 260fps with a 230mm inner was shooting 370fps when a 510 inner was substituted for the standard inner barrel. I'm not sure if you are trying to downgrade a hot gun or upgrade a low one, but you need to look at inner length as well as spring rate to get the right spring for the rifle.

Archived