Please help!?

CaptainDumbass
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay I'm sorry if this pisses anyone off as it may seem extremely stupid of me to ask this.

But today I saw a discussion between two *under 18's* on a different forum i accidentally came across searching for this forum and I was just wondering which person was correct?

One of the guys was telling the other as long as he had a UKARA under 18 site membership he could buy a RIF from someone selling a gun on that forum as long as his parent (over 18) made the purchase with him in person, whereas the other person was saying the over 18 parent could only do so if he had a UKARA membership as well.

Which one is correct? It's been killing me!

Thanks!!

• Supporters

Afaik it's 18+ with ukara (or other defence)

This 'junior' ukara is b*lls :P

From what I saw, I'm guessing the person meant if their dad lets say, met someone who was selling a RIF on that forum and he used their UKARA under 18 site membership, they would be allowed to make the purchase?

Afaik it's 18+ with ukara (or other defence)

This 'junior' ukara is b*lls :P

Ahh so the kids dad couldn't make the purchase?

• Supporters

Unless he has the defence then no he can't make the purchase

• Supporters

There are certain sites that offer the 'junior' ukara

But the main way is as I said above, 18+ with defence

It is illegal under the VCRA for someone who has not attained 18 years of age to purchase an imitation firearm, be it realistic or otherwise.

The whole point of UKARA is to provide the retailer with a defence against prosecution under the VCRA for sale of a realistic imitation firearm. As there is no defence against the offence of selling to a minor, so there is no point an under 18 having a UKARA registration!

• Supporters

There are sites that have jumior memberships. Some of these will then allow a parent to buy a RIF based on that membership but it has to be face-to-face.

It is nothing to do with UKARA and therefore does not allow the parent to buy from any online source - shop or forum site. They can of course buy 2 tones.

There seems to be some difference of opinion as to if this meets the legal requirements but the sites say they have looked into it and they are the ones risking their business rather than the purchaser.

So woul

There are sites that have jumior memberships. Some of these will then allow a parent to buy a RIF based on that membership but it has to be face-to-face.

It is nothing to do with UKARA and therefore does not allow the parent to buy from any online source - shop or forum site. They can of course buy 2 tones.

There seems to be some difference of opinion as to if this meets the legal requirements but the sites say they have looked into it and they are the ones risking their business rather than the purchaser.

So would they only be allowed to buy RIF's from that site, no other sites (as long as it was face to face)?

But it's the seller (the site) who stand to be prosecuted for selling a RIF, so it's their choice.

By my understanding it is still illegal. It is illegal for someone under the age of 18 to purchase any kind of IF. If the child plays airsoft then that cannot possibly confer a defence on the retailer for selling to their parents. The parents do not have a defence (unless they play too of course).

Also, if there is any suggestion that the parent is taking money from their child to buy the gun, then the parent is guilty of selling an imitation firearm to a minor and stands to be prosecuted!

Archived