Made up Guns

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm thinking of buying the new APS UAR

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_APS_APS_Urban_Assault_Rifle_BK.htm

For those of you who don't know, it was designed from the ground up by APS as opposed to being based off of a real gun. A real steel manufacturer has actually approached the company to possibly convert it into a real firearm. Although, it's not real it's believable and more importantly well though out and practical. I can also see it going nicely with a future special forces type loadout.

What's peoples' thoughts on guns designed for airsofters? Or even replicas of film or game guns?

i kind of like the gamer look guns, but I prefer to have something like the real thing

Yuck. Paint that last gun yellow and orange and it will look like a nerf gun.

Hmm, I swear the last one looks like an M4 on steroids?

Snow wolf's Alien pulse rifle looks pretty darn awesome and it's based off a thompson, having it's body and magazine (stick).

Apparently, jarek4 reviewed it and it did look pretty darn accurate even when spraying.

Actually really want to get my hands on a thundermaul kit, just for epic lols.

Surprise on peoples faces when they realise i have a RA-tech 416 hidden underneath it :P

• Supporters

The only thing that puts me off the Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle is that the underslung grenade launcher doesn't even fire airsoft shotgun shells and for £400-odd I want more than a plastic body on a Tommy Gun with an LED round counter that doesn't actually work properly!

• Supporters

The UAR, not based on a real rifle you say? Well either there's been a gigantic coincidence, or APS are lying through their teeth...

Anyone ever heard of the MSBS Radon? Google it. It comes in a standard and bullpup configuration and it was designed and built in Poland for their military.

Both variants will look very familiar to everyone.

Edit: I just Googled it, have a look see - http://cdn.airsoftsociety.com/forums/attachments/f41/1674d1282074020-msbs-radon-fancy-looking-polish-acr-bullpup-1282059409288.jpg

• Supporters

Ed i thought their was a gun being developed for a country that speak's a language i don't understand... and apparently we can now do a Polish GROM(?) Loadout Ghost recon style!

• Supporters

Ed i think it's that it isn't a real weapon, just based on one- though they are ridiculously similar.

I take it Poland bought a photocopier to design the standard config one?

• Supporters

Yeah it looks that way doesn't it? Lol.

I do think APS are just being a bit particular about their wording though, because they're evidently the same gun, the top rail has angled ends and everything. Only difference is the position of the grip and magwell in relation to the overall length, the height of the charging handle and position of its release and if I looked again I could probably spot some more general control differences, but I can't be arsed right now.

Basically they've made the changes subtle enough to get away with it, kinda like how on one of the GTA games they altered the stock on the M4 and turned the front triangle sight around to get away with adding it to the game. Though I think they just called it the "assault rifle" anyway, so I don't see why they couldn't have just altered some minor detail on the receiver or something that no one would've really noticed... But yeah, it doesn't matter for this topic lol.

• Supporters

The only thing that puts me off the Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle is that the underslung grenade launcher doesn't even fire airsoft shotgun shells and for £400-odd I want more than a plastic body on a Tommy Gun with an LED round counter that doesn't actually work properly!

Action hobbies had them for £150 last month but they have put them up again :(

I like it, but have decided I'll spend my money on an AK instead, because...well duh I'm a Muslim.. :P

personally i want more scifi+movie styled airsoft guns(im a nerd and proud...) whilst i like the aliens rifle and am a fan of aliens its not cool enough. have to wonder why there are no starwars styled ones. seriously how cool would an airsoft game be, dressed as rebels/empire, with glow in the dark bbs...(and watching the wannabies with lightsabers fail to block bbs with their lightsabers and having to walk back to respawn... or or or...

ie i likes this direction for airsoft...

I heard through word of mouth that snow wolf are making a new pulse rifle out of a stronger body kit with a shotgun, or a moscart ugl. No idea on release date though.

Personally though, I want a folding M8 avenger (mass effect), morita smart rifle mk 1 or 3. And a UTS 15 is a must.

• Supporters

Anyone ever wanted the Lancer from Gears of War?

Or that rifle from Killzone? It was a sort of Bullpup M4, I think it looked pretty awesome.

Despite hating the franchise, I'm quite surprised we've not seen a Halo battle rifle, either.

Whilst it may not be a totally fictional gun, I'm planning on buying a secondhand VSR at some point and getting a custom wood stock made to make the "Hunting rifle" from the Fallout series.

Would be cool to see people make some guns from the series, I've seen amazing props made... We just need to talk someone into fitting an AEG inside one :wub:

• Supporters

Yeah, I'd like to see Halo guns too - the Covenant as well as human.

A really good M41A Pulse Rifle would go immediately onto my shopping list though.

Whilst it may not be a totally fictional gun, I'm planning on buying a secondhand VSR at some point and getting a custom wood stock made to make the "Hunting rifle" from the Fallout series.

Would be cool to see people make some guns from the series, I've seen amazing props made... We just need to talk someone into fitting an AEG inside one :wub:

Fat Man? Hehe...

What about the "Noisy Cricket"? XD

Noisy%20Cricket.jpg

Archived