Arena Airsoft (sunday night thingy)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

ok this was my first airsoft outing, so it may be alittle biased

the site is a indoors CQB heaven, with some nice additions. its well laid out (I think), has a gun/kit/tuck shops :D and the usual facilities.

the night runs from 6pm to 9:30pm (it dose actually run from 2pm, but the adult bit is 6pm onwards).

they basically run as many types of games as they can In the time available, with short brakes etc

pro's - indoor .... no rain :lol: staff are brilliant, games are good but time will tell on variation etc,

con's - not many marshals (that I saw), some cheating (to be expected), stupid full face masks :angry:

did I enjoy/like ..... I am now a member there, can't wait for next Sunday :D

what didn't I like .... there was a few idiot elitists etc, and the dark game ... my torch hasn't arrived yet, and walking round when you carnt see anything is a pain

would I go back ....... try stop me ;):P:D and I am now a member

costs

none members £15 for the night (with face mask, gun hire is extra)

membership is £50 for the year, but you do get £2.50 off the night fee for being a member ... and I think you get other benefits.

• 4 months later...
I play here too, I'm even a member, it's the only site I've been to so I can't compare it with anywhere else and I've not played outdoors before (They are planning to add an outdoor arena but I don't know about the progress on that) so this is probably going to be bias but I had a lot of fun. I'm gonna paste my own review from their Facebook page and maybe add a little more.

One of the best ways to spend £15, they give you everything you need to have a great session, no need to bring anything of your own if you don't have anything. Whether it's Saturday or Sunday the games are always fast paced and have lots of different objectives and events to keep it fresh, the staff are very friendly, helpful and easy to talk to. Whether you're a first timer or a pro, I'd recommend this place to anyone. It's completely indoors with an area of 10,000sq ft so you won't be sat around long looking for anyone.

Additionally the whole place looks great, everything is well built with lots of different things to hide behind. My only gripe with the whole place is that some parts of the arena can be a little dark, so those with a light have an advantage, and that there isn't an awful lot of space to put your stuff when its busy as the tables are often taken up by some very large guns that people bring in.

Saturday is the 10-16 year olds session, but the occasional player older than that can play too but I would only really come on Saturday when I have my younger brother wanting to play too. It's often busier on Saturdays but I don't really like playing with the younger players as much. It lasts from 2pm to 6pm broken down into 20 minute missions with short breaks in between. Sunday is usually the day to come, it's from 6pm to 9:30pm so half an hour shorter but it's usually more fun as you can use pyrotechnics and the missions are more interesting, depending on how many people arrive.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

just a little update from me. I no longer go to arena, and have not been there for a couple of months now, for the following reasons :-

1)its too far - and hull now has a airsoft site.

2)lack of marshaling - they dont even go into the game area!! leading to regulars getting away with lots examples - hot guns, none hit taking seen them do it alot, i got shoot in the face from 1m away (my full body was exposed, and i do have a large body) and ended up having to flush my eye out when i got home.

3)Layout, its wayy to easy to get continually spawn camped, and my suggestion of a wall round some stares so you didnt have to run down them fell on def ears :angry: .

4)Inconsistent rules - one evening they have a bang rule, next they dont, and they dont tell you :angry: as i found out when i was shot in the knackers from 2m away!!

5) Cost - £15 (£12.50 for members)for 3.5hours, i can play at Lincolnshire airsoft all day for £20 (8 hours), or slaughter house for £20 (6hours). Also arena's membership is a bit off £50 for the year :wacko: , other places have theirs far cheaper.

• Supporters

On #3, they change the layout every now and then, I don't know whether it's based on player feedback or not but the changes do seem to help. In two weeks time they're revamping one whole side of the arena

when you go from the upstairs spawn to the floor area is it still exposed to fire from the church?

• Supporters

i have never made it down the stairs with out being hit, after the first 5mins of the game, which means you charge down stairs .... not good, i have cut my hand open on them trying to get down with out being hit

Archived