ACOG recomendations

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

so this evening i went to arena airsoft in grimsby, and you had to wear a full face mask (i only had ESS ice glasses, gunna get a ski mask soon).

the mask was a complete pain in the rear, i couldn't aim my gun using the iron sights as the mask was just in the way :angry::angry::angry:

i cannot raise the sights as the front one is fixed on my G&G CM16, so that only leaves me with the option of getting a scope (i wanted one anyway ;) )

can anyone recommend me a good Acog that isn't pants or costs more than my gun did :P (budget is very limited atm, no more than say £50)

• Supporters

You'll be stuck with one of those crappy, non-zoom red dot versions for £50.

Unless you get lucky with something second hand, or stretch the budget by about £25 and look at Hong Kong based shops like RSOV.

• Supporters
  • Supporters

The eBay one sounds quite cool, because it's lit by the fibre optic piece on the top, from what I can tell. But that means if there's no light, you've no sight, so it's a no go for practicality. Especially when there's no zoom on it either.

The other one is essentially just a red dot scope that looks like an ACOG, I'd go for that one if I had to get one of the two, despite the snazzy fibre optic illuminator the other one has.

I'd keep looking though, a mate of mine bought a 4x ACOG clone from Hong Kong for £60 shipped to the UK and it was seriously nice as well.

Have you considered looking at Aimpoints, or EOTechs? They're more in your price range, they don't have a zoom, but the real ones don't either so you'll be paying for something more in line with what's expected from the real thing. Red dot sights can actually be really fun to use, I always enjoy using my Aimpoint... When I own a gun it'll fit onto anyway =[ lol

• Supporters

Holy majoley.

Y'know the phrase, "all the bells and whistles"...?

Well, that lol.

• Supporters

Holy majoley.

Y'know the phrase, "all the bells and whistles"...?

Well, that lol.

I know lol .... saw it ... couldn't stop myself buying it lol :D

fingers crossed it lives up to its advertising B):lol:

edit .... just realised rsov do them cheaper :angry:

• Supporters

That's happened to me a stupid number of times with various things. Or there have been sales on and I've bought the item the day after the sale ended, without ever knowing it was on until weeks later.

'Tis the way of life lol

• Supporters

pic! :D

pics don't do it justice, its a brute :D comes in a nice well padded box, instructions (not brilliant but in English), some allen keys, cleaning cloth, battery and a spare :lol: . the x4 magnification is great ... I can now see what I am missing :lol: easy to zero, reticule can be illuminated 3 colours (red/green/blue), each having 3 intensities, ris rails are cast into the sides .... everything works :D mega pleased :D:D :D

(still cannot get over how fast its been delivered!)

post-6919-0-43735400-1365865182_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

You'll be stuck with one of those crappy, non-zoom red dot versions for £50.

Unless you get lucky with something second hand, or stretch the budget by about £25 and look at Hong Kong based shops like RSOV.

Which one do you use?

pic! :D

pics don't do it justice, its a brute :D comes in a nice well padded box, instructions (not brilliant but in English), some allen keys, cleaning cloth, battery and a spare :lol: . the x4 magnification is great ... I can now see what I am missing :lol: easy to zero, reticule can be illuminated 3 colours (red/green/blue), each having 3 intensities, ris rails are cast into the sides .... everything works :D mega pleased :D:D :D

(still cannot get over how fast its been delivered!)

so it been a while.. and I'm looking for something acog or acog-like with 3-4x zoom.. how has it performed?

• Supporters

so it been a while.. and I'm looking for something acog or acog-like with 3-4x zoom.. how has it performed?

one word ... flawlessly.

battery life seems good (but i only use it on low power red) when i remember to switch it off (no auto power off).

rectecle is nice (not too complex)

x4 with nice eye relief

the only bad points are :-

the fiber optic on the iron sites isnt that good.

no auto power off

none adjustable zoom

i cannot find a mounting that will fit and allow me to use a doctor sight on it.

i am soo impressed, i think i may have too see about getting one for my L85 :D:D

i lost one of the mounting screws and the iron sites elevation, and i had to fit a 20mm riser to make it just that bit more comfy.

one word ... flawlessly.

battery life seems good (but i only use it on low power red) when i remember to switch it off (no auto power off).

rectecle is nice (not too complex)

x4 with nice eye relief

the only bad points are :-

the fiber optic on the iron sites isnt that good.

no auto power off

none adjustable zoom

i cannot find a mounting that will fit and allow me to use a doctor sight on it.

i am soo impressed, i think i may have too see about getting one for my L85 :D:D

i lost one of the mounting screws and the iron sites elevation, and i had to fit a 20mm riser to make it just that bit more comfy.

well, I usually go for low power and never had one that turn it self off, so those wont be issues! Neither did I expect adjustable zoom or to pop a doctor on it. Might well go with this one then!

...and you just have to pop a small red dot on the side rail haha! no actually, one of the reasons I decided maybe to go for something like this is that I tried an acog clone, and to my big surprise it seemed to work well as a red dot when not looking straight thru it, would you say this is the case with this one as well?

• Supporters

well, I usually go for low power and never had one that turn it self off, so those wont be issues! Neither did I expect adjustable zoom or to pop a doctor on it. Might well go with this one then!

...and you just have to pop a small red dot on the side rail haha! no actually, one of the reasons I decided maybe to go for something like this is that I tried an acog clone, and to my big surprise it seemed to work well as a red dot when not looking straight thru it, would you say this is the case with this one as well?

if you mean that the clone acog that you used projected the red dot forward, mine its not a red dot ;) , have a look at this listing >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-4X32-mm-Tactical-Optical-Fiber-Scope-Sight-For-Hunting-R-G-B-dot-/181199205514?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2a3050748a its the same as the one i have ... and the one i am going to get for my L85 :D

edit :- just found the guy i originally bought it from >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-ACOG-style-4X32-DUAL-ILLUM-Red-Green-Blue-with-CQB-FIBER-OPTIC-SIGHT-/281066817066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4170e3462a

if you mean that the clone acog that you used projected the red dot forward, mine its not a red dot ;) , have a look at this listing >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-4X32-mm-Tactical-Optical-Fiber-Scope-Sight-For-Hunting-R-G-B-dot-/181199205514?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2a3050748a its the same as the one i have ... and the one i am going to get for my L85 :D

edit :- just found the guy i originally bought it from >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-ACOG-style-4X32-DUAL-ILLUM-Red-Green-Blue-with-CQB-FIBER-OPTIC-SIGHT-/281066817066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4170e3462a

I realised it's not a dot shape. rather: is it practical to use in close encounters, would such occur, simply by opening both eyes?

• Supporters

I realised it's not a dot shape. rather: is it practical to use in close encounters, would such occur, simply by opening both eyes?

Ohh I c what you mean, hmmm good question, I don't really use it to be honest, I just look down my gun. That said I cannot see why it wouldn't work, the only time you would struggle is in poor light

Archived