what colour bb's do you prefer

Pointman PUG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I went skirmishing today at elite in Worthing and all they had for sale was black bb's.

having only used white ones before I found I cant get on with the black ones...im using an m4 aeg and im just not seeing the drop off point so I found myself just munching ammo in a vain attempt to hit the other team.

yes im a shit shot but I understand how the black bb's give you the "stealth edge" but id'e trade that off for ease of accuracy.

your thoughts please folks!!!

• Supporters

Depends, with my vsr I'll go as dark as possible. With my pistol or the scar I'm not hugely bothered- but .25's and .28's are easily available in white so that's what I use in them.

• Supporters

I like seeing my own shots. So if white is available, I'll take it.

When I line up and fire at someone, using dark ammo, and they don't put their hand in the air, where does that leave me? I can't see to adjust, and firing all my ammo at the same spot seems like a waste...

If I had a sniper that was pin point accurate and I could 100% rely on it to actually go where I wanted it to, then I could see the attraction of dark ammo, but I imagine even in that instance I'd still like to be able to see for myself exactly where they were going.

I've often wondered how anyone really gets to know their rifle all that well if they're sniping using dark ammo with it all the time.

I prefer dark, but i'd like to have my hop set and sights zero'd first.

I mainly use GBB guns so I don't really use the line of BB's as a hose to aim and adjust, which is perfectly easy to do with an AEG.

Have black 0.2g for the shotgun, however i've found that chrono readings tend to be a little higher than expected on them.

• Supporters

I like seeing my own shots. So if white is available, I'll take it.

When I line up and fire at someone, using dark ammo, and they don't put their hand in the air, where does that leave me? I can't see to adjust, and firing all my ammo at the same spot seems like a waste...

If I had a sniper that was pin point accurate and I could 100% rely on it to actually go where I wanted it to, then I could see the attraction of dark ammo, but I imagine even in that instance I'd still like to be able to see for myself exactly where they were going.

I've often wondered how anyone really gets to know their rifle all that well if they're sniping using dark ammo with it all the time.

Use some lighter ones every 5 shots or so? When i use mine, I tend to spend a good 20 mins zeroing and adjusting before hand earlier in the morning.

Then I pray not to knock the hop adjuster on the gun when in use.

Who the hell decided it'd be a good idea to put the adjuster on the outside of the gun?

• Supporters

I have everything sighted in as well, but if there's a breeze, or they're at the kinda range where you have to arc the shots on top of them and stuff like that, where your zero gets knocked regardless of how good it is, I find it beneficial to be able to see the shots to make adjustments.

• Supporters

I have white 0.2's and black 0.4's

gunna use the 0.4's in my sniper, when its finished :) , but I do like how you can see whites to correct aim etc

I've not tried Black BB's before, for the the reasons the lads have pointed out here. Had a hunch the Stealth tag was gonna cause more problems than they solved.

@pointman you ever tried tracer BB's?

I've not tried Black BB's before, for the the reasons the lads have pointed out here. Had a hunch the Stealth tag was gonna cause more problems than they solved.

@pointman you ever tried tracer BB's?

yes mate!

I have never used them on a skirmish due to the fact all my games have been played in an outdoor woodland site during the day....but I will use them when we do a nighttime game.in fact theres a vid on youtube of me using them indoors just to see how effective they are....just look for user pointman PUG.

I would highly reccomend getting some for your nightime games folks!

not only does it make grown men go "whoa....cool!" but it really help you see the flight of the bb's.I also fill most of the mag with green tracers but top off the mag with red/blue tracers so I know when a mag change is coming....handy tip,feel free to use it!

REAL men use CROSMAN Camo Ammo!

I actually use white BBs,but when my Marui ones run out I'll probably try out Dark red Blaster Devils.

Use some lighter ones every 5 shots or so? When i use mine, I tend to spend a good 20 mins zeroing and adjusting before hand earlier in the morning.

Then I pray not to knock the hop adjuster on the gun when in use.

Who the hell decided it'd be a good idea to put the adjuster on the outside of the gun?

I also agree that the adjuster on the outside is annoying as hell,especially if sneaking through thorns and heavy foliage.That little 'strrrrrrrrrkkkk' sends me swearing like a sailor.Ever heard of the TDC mod?

Hand load your AEG magazines, 5 or 6 black then 1 white then 5 or 6 black then a white, or two plunges of a speed reloader then a white etc.. then you can see where your shots are going but if you only need one burst then the enemy can only see one or two whit BB's and will not be able to pinpoint you position yet you have an idea of where your BB's are going. :ph34r:

I use white bbs in woodland and try to use red or black in cqb as my sights are always zeroed well enough that i know its going to hit someone 30m and below accurately i can shoot the heads off flowers when i use my aim point at very close range like 5-8m

• Supporters

I like the idea of using white BB's as tracer shots every 5-6 black, but I know it'd end up fcuked up in practice. I use white, although I have a bunch of other colour .12's that i bought for my crap shottie - I plan on seeing if they improve how well I deal with midcaps vy putting a few of them in 1st, so when I get to them I know it's time to change mag before I end up dry firing.

Also I plan on using whatever colours of .12's I can get cheapest for moscarts as soon as I get a launcher.

• Supporters

White/brown (green devil bio) for woodland, tracer for CQB.

also as an aside, I need to find the cheapest crappiest 0.12s possible for use in tornado grenades, any advances on these:

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/846_1_12193.html

Bear in mind I can just go into the shop and buy those, so postage will have to be factored in!

Anyone know if you can get tracer outside of the standard green? If you could get blue,green, pink, yellow, purple, could do a full on gay rainbow load out. That be Hilarious!

• Supporters

James check these.

Or Gun Tuff ammo. JSRamsbottom used to do 'em, but I dunno if they still do.

Archived