WELL/WARRIOR L96. WORTH IT?

airsofter12345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i'm looking to get a decent beginner sniper rifle and have seen quite good reviews on the WARRIOR L96, i was wondering if anyone has any information on the overall performance of this gun, has anyone had any problems with it? Iv'e seen daedulus's video on Jai's youtube channel and daedulus seems to use it allot, as well as allot of others on scoutthedoggies videos.

Any information will be appreciated. By the way i have been actively skirmishing now for about 6 months so i have a fair bit of airsofting knowledge ( if that's an easy way to put it:)

Either the Well L96 or the TM VSR are excellent choices for starter snipers. Both of them are very upgradeable, some argue that you can use a Well L96 effectively as a sniper out the box. :)

• Supporters

If you are lucky and you get a good one then yes it will be usable straight away but as with any sniper youll want to have them upgraded anyway.Either that or as said by DA, get a Vsr.

Also,don't take too much away from airsoft video's on YouTube, they tend to be useless.

I was in your position 2 years ago and I decided to get one. Unfortunately, as M_P has mentioned, it's mainly down to luck. I got one with the apparently common massive fluctuation in accuracy after 40ft and over the last 2years have spent around 400 total in trying to fix it. yesterday I got the final non stock piece, a piston and spring guide from airsoft snipers Uk ( which I highly recommend ) and although it seems to have finally addressed the problem a bit by making it fire consistently, it will only fire consistently bending slightly left. Other problems I have come across are; trigger sears wearing down and leading to slam firing, sling mount sheering straight off because it made of horrific pot iron, plastic body forming cracks.

In conclusion, my advice to you would be, if you don't mind gambling on whether or not you will get a 'good' sniper go for the well and take into account that my case is probably a worst case scenario. Otherwise save up for a TM, upgrade the hell out of it ( no guarantees that the end product will be what you desire) or just give up on sniping completely. Hope this helps :)

iv got one sat in my loft at mo

got it one year ago was pants out of the box hop up was useless the scope is cheap and nothen spesh

but after a small order from aspuk website all was looking up until the stock bolt desided to completely destroy itself might be to do with the m150 spring hehehehe

then the bolt that holds the hop up to the barrel snapped and was a pain to replace guy on zero one forums help out big time

but now she shoots sweet as a nut

great starter sniper but if u want more from it then save some cash up and order every part from aspuk well worth it

I recently bought a well l96. I took it to a game last weekend and whilst I enjoyed using it I had the same issue of the bb curving to the left after a certain distance was reached. After doing some research I found that the issue could relate to the hop arm not fitting correctly into the hop up chamber, there is a tiny gap either side of the arm which causes movement and therefore inconsistencies. To solve this you have to place some tape on the sides of the hop arm to make it fit more snug into the chamber.

Having said that I've recently just bought upgrades and am completely upgrading the sniper as soon as they arrive :P tbh it is a good sniper out of the of if you are willing to fiddle around with it, I on the other hand do not have he patience to do this so have just bought all the parts to upgrade it

I was thinking of going for the WWL96 too and found it for £149.99 on the following site....

http://www.skirmishers-direct.co.uk/epages/es136755.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es136755/Products/WELL-MB08D-BK/SubProducts/WELL-MB08D-BK-0006

It's currently out of stock but you can request notification as to when they get more in stock. I think it's good value for money and if your going to do upgrade's then it's a good starting platform that's not going to break the bank.

My question for the techie's and experienced snipers out there is this. If you purchased this rifle, what would you upgrade first?

• Supporters

The cylinder. The bolt handle isn't attached in the most helpful way so I'd replace the cylinder and head. After that go for the barrel and hop, then trigger unit-go pdi or lay lax, then finnaly go with the cylinder contents- spring guide, spring, piston etc.

Normally I'd say barrel and hop first, but the bolt handle is a known flaw with these rifles and can come off making it unusable anyway, so its got to be a high priority.

It depends from person to person, I waited on my vsr to have all the parts before using (apart from one game when used in stock config.)

l96

except the warrior l96 what do you's guys like , iv'e got about 300 quid to spend on hopefully a decent sniper , iv'e heard the scopes you buy from stock with the sniper aren't good so i would buy the sniper itself then add a decent scope to it, which will boost the 150 , to about 200 or possibly more, then i could spend about 70 on upgrades, as i would need an extra mag for the gun itself,, if u think i could have better luck with a different sniper please don't hesitate to say, ive heard good reviews on the JG bar is good due to the amount of up gradable parts. thanks :P

• Supporters

IMHO I reckon a TM VSR-10 would be the best bet Really Light 1 of the Best Base model's going and ton's of upgrade's

I Have an L96 for sale (The Scope isn't the original one and cost's a Fair amount according to the mate i'm selling it for)

• Supporters

IMHO I reckon a TM VSR-10 would be the best bet Really Light 1 of the Best Base model's going and ton's of upgrade's

I Have an L96 for sale (The Scope isn't the original one and cost's a Fair amount according to the mate i'm selling it for)

+1 vsr. In my opinion it's the best rifle for the money in terms of performance and upgradability.

The well l96 is a decent sniper rifle, it's not the best but it does the job well and has the looks of a professional sniper rifle.

Some are good, some are useless. It's down to luck, their qc isn't up to the standards of tm or any higher end makes.

Looks of a professional sniper rifle? In airsoft, the well l96 is the classic 'beginner sniper rifle', not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but professional isn't the word I'd use.

The TM VSR 10 Pro isn't even that expensive.It's around 170£,a Warrior L96 is around 140£ and the JG bar 10 is around 130£,for that extra 30-40 quid you get much better build quality,considerably less chance of getting a lemon,TM hax unit and it's a Marui! brag and raise your absolute cock factor!

Also,Marui VSR 10s smell nice.The Clones just don't match up.

Sometimes I remove the butt plate and bask in the lovely smell of Japanese Polymer.

JGs smell like a shoddy takeaway.

• Supporters

I'be had a pair of VSR's and may be picking up my third in.just under a month assuming a deal doesn't fall through. If you can, go.for the g spec, it really is quiet- though any variant will do.

If you see a jing gong bar 10 then that's another alternative. Its a complete copy of the tm but it has a nicer stock with a rubber finish.

Any of them really, then upgrade from there.

• Supporters

anyone own the a&k svd dragunov , heard they are really good

They're great. Accuracy is fantastic out of the box, and the magazine is in the right place unlike most spring snipers. (With the exception of the TM L96.)

• Supporters

I like the design of the A&K SVD.They've taken the system of cheap market springers and applied it to a professional rifle.

I wonder If a company decides to apply that design to a bolt action,that should be interesting.

I'm pretty sure its just a clone of the king arms/atoz one.

Archived