Tracer not firing straight

supamafiosi
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have a tech question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I am use an SRC G36C (no mods) which I was using with a stubby silencer without any issues.

I recently treated myself to a Tracer unit and was all excited to use it at a skirmish last night. While I was using the new tracer I noticed that ever 3rd 4th shot you could see the BB curving as it left the gun. LIke I said before had been using the stubby without any issues and was all setup and aligned for my sights.

A guy at the skirmish said he has the same issue when using a tracer on G36 and fixed it with a couple of washers between the gun and tracer.

Is this correct? Would it be this simple to fix?

Answer on a post card please.

• Supporters

I imagine the washers would simply ensure the angle of the silencer was consistent with the barrel.

Does it look like it's on perfectly straight? 'Cos even 3mm or so off centre at the end could cause it to just nick BBs as they exit the barrel. It doesn't take a lot to cause a shot to change direction wildly, and your gun won't be perfectly accurate, so even as BBs leave the barrel there'll be a slight left/right/up/down deviation, enough for some to hit and others to miss something which is slightly blocking the end of the barrel by a fraction of a millimetre.

Try the washers, if it works, great. If not, are you sure it doesn't do the same without the tracer unit? Could the tracer unit just be making an existing issue more apparent?

I imagine the washers would simply ensure the angle of the silencer was consistent with the barrel.

Does it look like it's on perfectly straight? 'Cos even 3mm or so off centre at the end could cause it to just nick BBs as they exit the barrel. It doesn't take a lot to cause a shot to change direction wildly, and your gun won't be perfectly accurate, so even as BBs leave the barrel there'll be a slight left/right/up/down deviation, enough for some to hit and others to miss something which is slightly blocking the end of the barrel by a fraction of a millimetre.

Try the washers, if it works, great. If not, are you sure it doesn't do the same without the tracer unit? Could the tracer unit just be making an existing issue more apparent?

HI,

Yeah I first thought about the barrel being straight and asked a couple of fellow team mates to check - which they did and confirmed all was ok

Never had issue with unit before tracer so will check with washers.... can you suggest best place to get some from?

• Supporters

I'd probably take a rough measurement and then just go to Halfords, or a bike/car parts shop or something. Or even a DIY store like B&Q, Wickes or Screwfix or something.

Archived