M4 Receiver with "Burst" rather than "Auto" engraved on it, and ASCU Gen.3?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm considering an M4 build, but I want it to be different to all the rest. One thing I've never seen is an M4 with burst and with "burst" engraved onto the receiver in place of "auto".

I thought I had found one, but when I looked closer at the picture, it was an M16A4 receiver, quite a let down as it was in the M4 category.

So, does anyone know if one actually exists? And if so, where are they available?

On a side note, I've recently seen the Airsoft Systems Smart Control Unit (ASCU) Gen.3 available, but for the same price as the Gen.2.

Anyone know any differences between the two?

Thanks

Well, To be fair, if it is just the receivers you are after, All AR-15 receivers are the stock design.

As for doing the engraving, You can geta rotorary kit on amazon pretty heap (paid £16 for mine) and it comes with the bits for engraving, although id say practice alot before doing something you actually want to look pretty as Its not as easy as i thought it would be to do :S

• Supporters

That's not a bad idea, but it would annoy me so much if the trademarks aren't exactly realistic and if the receiver isn't the same quality as the G&P ones. So if you know where I can get a G&P quality receiver that's blank, and in the slightly grey colour rather than actual black, that'd be great.

well, If the markings are engraved you just use a filler and sand down.

And if its printed trades, then just rub them off.

Thats usuallay what I do, as for film/production thats what I have to do on pretty much everything because we cant show any branding.

You can usually find pretty good recivers about which are good quality metal so easy to work with.

From what I have read the ASCU V3 isn't as good as the V2 version. The trigger response doesn't seem as responsive as V2. The only thing it has for it, is the fact that it is one board so no data cables to snag and no extra space taken up in the stock tube.

i had a blank reciever at one point and what i would reccomend is to find a blank one then send it off to airsoft engraver and he will do full trademarks for you at a decent price

Archived