importing rif's and parts advice please

Andyroo89
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello, im about to make and order from acm gear.com in mainland china and im wondering how much duty and vat i will have to pay? also does anyone have experience with them?

ive heard there are different charges for different items, i will be ordering a few guns, some camo gear including molle vests. spare magazines and parts for the guns..

had a quick read through customs website but there is hours of research so wondered if anyone had some advice please!

AJ

• Supporters

To be honest, with customs it's pretty much hit and miss.

You're meant to get Customs Duty and VAT charged, plus a handling fee from your courier.

There's 14,000 categories that items fall into for Customs Duty, so that can vary. VAT is the 20% and most couriers charge about £15. My advice, assume a worst case scenario; if you get stung, be ready to pay perhaps 30% plus the £15.

In reality, it's usually better than that.

I've had dozens of items through customs without ever being picked up, just this week a helmet got through no problems.

In December, my AK, worth £240 got through with just £50 of charges because customs evaluated it incorrectly.

Hope that helps!

thanks for replies, im thinking that if i send it express delivery they may miss it, or just slap a huge fee on to save them time..

think il just risk it! also acm gear never reply to emails which doesnt help!

• Supporters

if its sent as a gift ;);) ;) ;);););)

customs wont bother .... just ensure it has some reason for the gift etc

(also make sure the return address isn't a company ... a personnel address usually dose the trick)

ooooh and if anyone asks :ph34r::ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Supporters

Until recently I've never been charged anything. The one time I did, I got hit for about £7.50 + £13.50 handling fee - on a $40 pistol which i'd already had to pay $30-odd shipping because it's an RIF, ffs! Still, in the grand scheme of things, I've done ok...

I'd suggest having any guns sent together and everything else in a separate package.

Archived