Should this even be allowed

CaptainDumbass
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is my first rant on this forum so im sorry if i get carried away here.

So I recently went to The Mall in reading, it's a brilliant cqb site and there's always a lot of fast paced action going on but this time I was really disappointed. there was a 'squad' of 5 or 6 teenagers who just ruined the fun airsoft experience everybody wishes to have there. First of all their parents obviously have a lot of money as all their loadouts were identical and thy all had systemas (well they claimed they were) covered in scopes, flashlights, etc. Secondly they barely took any of their hits, they were warned numerous times by marshals but they still carried on doing it! Finally at the beginning of the day marshals told all the players 'blind firing' was not allowed at all yet these boys were doing it all day with amazing accuracy, I finally realised how they were doing this when I saw they had these mounted to their guns, I did a bit research and found one on eBay (I've attached a photo). Should these even be allowed even if blind firing was allowed at a site?

post-5019-0-80579000-1365094203_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a camera rig tha I used a last year, even though I could blind fire with accuracy, I was told it wasn't allowed.

Did look cool though because I used a pair of cinima glasses of ebay and a small camera.

Unless it's for a specific game, I don't think they should be allowed. It give players an unfair advantage since they don't have to come out of cover each time they fire.

First of all their parents obviously have a lot of money as all their loadouts were identical and thy all had systemas (well they claimed they were)

This doesn't go for all player like this, but you tend to find the guys with systemas, gucci gear, night vision etc... are both useless players and crap hit takers.

still cool in my oppinion, haha

Yeah, it's a clever bit of kit. I reckon they could be good for specific or themed games of some sort. Maybe if you had a smaller team against a much larger one or a small team in a game with two bigger opposing teams it would act as a trade off for a lack of numbers. But for normal games it's way too unfair.

Apparently Red Wolf are releasing a corner shot

http://www.airsoft-squared.com/post/3375/redwolf-rwl-advanced-airsoft-technology-a-c-e

It'll probably be quite pricey and I can't see any sites actually allowing people to use these.

This debate came up when those things first came out. In real life, the consequence of sticking your head out when you don't know what's there could be death. Corner-shots etc are there to save lives.

You don't really have the same concerns in airsoft. It's a game, you are playing it for fun and adrenaline - these type of devices are not really in the spirit of the game. What's the point in playing if you're just going to hide behind a barricade and stick your gun out??

Yeah, it's a clever bit of kit. I reckon they could be good for specific or themed games of some sort. Maybe if you had a smaller team against a much larger one or a small team in a game with two bigger opposing teams it would act as a trade off for a lack of numbers. But for normal games it's way too unfair.

Apparently Red Wolf are releasing a corner shot

http://www.airsoft-squared.com/post/3375/redwolf-rwl-advanced-airsoft-technology-a-c-e

It'll probably be quite pricey and I can't see any sites actually allowing people to use these.

i think the corner shot is an april fools joke

Exactly what I think hibernator! It was just plain irritating because we were just being mowed down by practically an invisible target! Just ruins the sportsmanship really

The thing with these in real life they wouldn't be as effective as in airsoft as you cannot control the recoil from the bullet but in airsoft you don't have this issue. I'm all for people using mirrors etc to look round corners but as long as the gun isn't behind it and they can't use it to shoot, like they do in Enemy at the Gates but its only fair there's a high chance of the mirror being shot :) While it may seem shady its not dangerous and as long as its not dangerous (in airsoft terms) alls fair in love and war :D

In the past I've used my boonie on a stick to get players to reveal their positions. Its amazing how readily people will shoot at movement.

As for the corner shot the date of publish it says is the 2nd of April, so either it is an april fools just a tad late or its real!!!

• Supporters

I've used one in the past for looking round corners, was still counted as blindfiring though.

If shots on weapons and silhouette count as kills, and as long as your gun is proven to be highly accurate, then I see no reason it wouldn't be okay to use...

I think the issue is it goes against the sportsmanship of airsoft and gives one player a ridiculous advantage especially in CQB

I think the issue is it goes against the sportsmanship of airsoft and gives one player a ridiculous advantage especially in CQB

I completely agree with you. It's just going to give someone the opportunity to find a nice little spot to camp in and blind fire from a secure position knowing that they wont have to take any hits. Just really doesn't seem right for Airsoft.

As for the guys not taking there hits, I would've thought that if the Marshals had given multiple warnings then surely they would've been asked to leave the site?

I think it should be allowed but you have to wear all bright orange and paint your gun to orange and also before you shoot shout ''i am going to shoot at you from behind cover'' at your target and then you have scream when you get a hit ''yipee ki yay'' if they do all that then its fair

• Supporters

As for the corner shot the date of publish it says is the 2nd of April, so either it is an april fools just a tad late or its real!!!

I did see it posted up on the 1st as well, I think they deleted it and reposted it, which to me suggests it isn't a joke, but everyone thought it was, hence the repost.

Personally I don't think they should make one as it just takes too much away from the spirit of the game. You'd end up with them being the CQB specific version of having a highly tuned Systema DMR in woodland. Everyone with a corner shot is an arsehole who uses their massive ego wallet as a BB shield.

• Supporters

I Have one when i had an M4 i Used it to look round cover but i shot at anyone never will either but in using them they should have a either "shoot the gun and the player's dead rule" or "shoot the gun and they can't use it for the rest of the game rule"

Xsite have the if it hit the gun the gun deac rule. Last game I managed to use my M249 and its massive mag as a shield.. and then proceeded to go pistol whipping people with my revolver :D

People who dont call their hits.

I feel bad for saying it, but If its the first time I let it past.
If they done it a few times, I aim for bare skin.

If its a screaming idiot who has managed to piss off the entire site because unsportsman like conduct, I aim to be his new dentist.

Feel kinda like a dick saying it, but its true. Im not the only one, right?

With my LMG its just a very, very long burst until they do take it

People who dont call their hits.

I feel bad for saying it, but If its the first time I let it past.

If they done it a few times, I aim for bare skin.

If its a screaming idiot who has managed to piss off the entire site because unsportsman like conduct, I aim to be his new dentist.

Feel kinda like a dick saying it, but its true. Im not the only one, right?

Well, if people don't take my hits... I just simply charge up to them with my G&P, spray the heck out of them until they shout "HIT!" Works everytime! ^_^

well, Im glad Im not the only one who tried to cause as much pain as I can.

aim for the testicles if they're being a real b***h about hit taking...

my standard loadout i carry around 1800 rounds per game, if they dont take hits i keep firing... and shout take your hits to draw marshals attention to it. in a go a short while back i shot someones face mask, clearly heard the ping, and the aww then he ducked behind cover got up and fired again, whilst beside a marshal... dummy, lol. got kicked out for that...

as for the mirror system, in normal games, definitely unfair(specially for those whos weapons cant have one mounted...). counts as blind firing afik. however i can see it being possible/legal in milsims where your trying to be realistic and seems something id expect to be done irl... though i do intend to get one of those dental styled mirrors so i can prop it somewhere and know when someone's coming so as to step out and shoot....

I carry 2500 in one mag, so I really keep firing!

The issue with the mirror system in milsim is you don't have the recoil that you would do in real life. IRL it would be very hard to get more than a couple shots off vaguely accurately but in airsoft you can get through a whole mag

Archived