Why do airsoft shops over charge for shipping?

kev.k
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

actually quite high, you havent been to an area called lurgan, which the police actively avoid, lol. ukara makes people aware. ie i cant buy a realistic weapon, why, researches, reads convos, gets it expalined, etc. makes ya realise you would be stupid to carry it over to the friends house to shoot it in the backyard etc. i find people who do airsoft are more aware of doing such things, where as some of the people i know are like cool gun, shows it off to scare neighbours, wonder why they get arrested. but the stuff that would prevent them getting one, and as easy as it is to do they cant be assed and dont. as the saying goes, think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of people are actually stupider than that...

im all for making stupid people people think, best way to destroy them....:P

Ukara isn't meant too...

UKARA is simply for retailers to protect themselves when selling rif's. UKARA was set up by and is run by retailers.

I know bud, I've not explained myself.

I think it should be legal to sell a rif and buy one, but illegal to carry it in public etc.

For me UKARA slows the growth of the sport and stops major retailers taking a interest.

It's crazy when you can go out and buy a crossbow.

actually quite high, you havent been to an area called lurgan, which the police actively avoid, lol. ukara makes people aware. ie i cant buy a realistic weapon, why, researches, reads convos, gets it expalined, etc. makes ya realise you would be stupid to carry it over to the friends house to shoot it in the backyard etc. i find people who do airsoft are more aware of doing such things, where as some of the people i know are like cool gun, shows it off to scare neighbours, wonder why they get arrested. but the stuff that would prevent them getting one, and as easy as it is to do they cant be assed and dont. as the saying goes, think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of people are actually stupider than that...

im all for making stupid people people think, best way to destroy them....:P

I think the VCRA does that mate, not UKARA.

I agree with you about the general public, most shouldn't be allowed to vote. :)

• Supporters

But UKARA isn't a requirement, it's just one option. There are other ways of satisfying retailers that you have a good defence.

It's the people who believe UKARA is the law that are the problem. ;)

But UKARA isn't a requirement, it's just one option. There are other ways of satisfying retailers that you have a good defence.

It's the people who believe UKARA is the law that are the problem. ;)

It's the law that's the problem. You should just be allowed to buy/sell a rif legally. The defence guidelines are sketchy at best.

It would be a lot simpler if it was illegal to carry a RIF in public, and to use one outside a insured site or private property away from a public highway. But legal to buy and sell if over 18.

It would be easier for retailers and airsofters, and wouldn't endanger the public in anyway.

I will say, it is difficult to get a retailer to accept other forms of defense other than the UKARA, doing on their websites is a pain, and emailing them normally takes weeks before they get back to you.
when ever we have needed prop guns for any short film, we ended up having to go to the actual stores to buy them, which is fine, its just a major hassle when the closest retail unit is towns away.

Archived