does anyone here cosplay?

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Fibreglass is an opition too. harder to use than the foam which is why I recomend it for a first time cosplayer. also more expensive, but if you are patient and ahve the cash ten go right ahead for it.

depends on the look your going for too. btw how well does the foam take hits if your planning to skirmish in it?

also if your thinking fibreglass, you can pick up a set for £20 from halfords, had a bout a meter of fiber glass material, which you cut and bend to shape(and somehow hold it in that shape) when you mix the resin and hardener and inessential paint it on. when it drys youd think its like moulded plastic near. far easier to work with than the jars of mixed resin and fibreglass that you add the hardener to... and should take bbs pretty well(am yet to test this yet...)

• 3 weeks later...

you know what i am throwing that idea in the bin and using my own character from my book.

post-5813-0-34602400-1367866675_thumb.png

Well, Judging from what you have of your drawing, Id say steal mothers curtains........Is there more to the costume other than a cape? Or dos he just run around naked with a cape?

Well, Judging from what you have of your drawing, Id say steal mothers curtains........Is there more to the costume other than a cape? Or dos he just run around naked with a cape?

he wears DPM combats mixed with medieval armour and high tech gadgets like plasma pistols and he carries swords too

if you use the image in my sig it will take you to my area on a cosplay forum, where I am posting my costumes

post-5813-0-75659100-1369084633_thumb.jpg

my newly made armour

Yeah a meet sounds like a laugh, I'll post up my costume soon as im done making the concept art.

Yeah a meet sounds like a laugh, I'll post up my costume soon as im done making the concept art.

? you going to risk it?

Risk what? The pretending to be a game dev to get laid is what I do. I know, Im a bastard but why the hell not. Besides I could use the extra models to throw into a portfolio.

Wont do much on the costume, just foam for the body armour some EL wire and mabe make a mask in 3ds max suitable for 3d printing. and get a mask printed

Or......Adultwork.com and you thought your hobby was expensive......

Archived