does anyone here cosplay?

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I cosplay, What would you like tips on?

Well, I say I cosplay, What I actually do is make random body armour, then make some concept art, then try and convice people I work for a game company and try and get laid. (Worked at MCM last year :D)

If you're building costumes. Amazon and Poundland are your best friends.

I cosplay, What would you like tips on?

Well, I say I cosplay, What I actually do is make random body armour, then make some concept art, then try and convice people I work for a game company and try and get laid. (Worked at MCM last year :D)

If you're building costumes. Amazon and Poundland are your best friends.

That is the funniest thing I've read all day. Well played sir!

Well, I guess that is a tip in its self :D

Yeah marksman, you get some real good looking ladies in very skimpy cosplay. pretty much the only thing I can thank the Japanese for really, they are the only ones to go against logic and have female body armour that covers very little :D.

But yeah, If you want some ideas on stuff to build costume wise.
Get some EVA foam, Hot glue gun, Heat gun, Good quality Spray Paints and LEDs or EL wire (use a lot of EL wire lately) Get some good results.
You can do a space marine style cosplay which always works well. And if you wanto to get real creative, you can use the EVA foam to make things like the Iron ma suit or Mass effect armour. (Pretty cheap material too. Looking at about £15 on amazon for 4 large sheets of the stuff, which is more that enough to do a basic body armour.)

• Supporters

The Last one was actually painted on B)

If you want to look dirty use coffee Granual's and water or just Coffee Granual's

I tend to favor using Metal buff to make a worn metal look. coffee is good to make skin look gruff, but metal looks better worn than dirty :D

Ok, well Sorry for the double post, But i just had to show you lot this picture.

It is in fact a woman in costume ant not a 3d image that i thought it was at first.

It was shown to me not long ago by a facebook friend, has to be the best cosplay Ive seen in a long time.

64124_604544682907619_1437241379_n.jpg

Well, I guess that is a tip in its self :D

Yeah marksman, you get some real good looking ladies in very skimpy cosplay. pretty much the only thing I can thank the Japanese for really, they are the only ones to go against logic and have female body armour that covers very little :D.

But yeah, If you want some ideas on stuff to build costume wise.

Get some EVA foam, Hot glue gun, Heat gun, Good quality Spray Paints and LEDs or EL wire (use a lot of EL wire lately) Get some good results.

You can do a space marine style cosplay which always works well. And if you wanto to get real creative, you can use the EVA foam to make things like the Iron ma suit or Mass effect armour. (Pretty cheap material too. Looking at about £15 on amazon for 4 large sheets of the stuff, which is more that enough to do a basic body armour.)

i am actually planning on going to MCM in october as a imperial guard stormtrooper

Well, EVA foam Whill be by far the cheapest opition to build the costume. Or you can try your and at using plastic and doing body molds, but its very costly and wouldn't recommend it for first build. but you have a fair few months, so if you fancy a challenge you can go for the full plastic version.

i'll be using my DPM uniform for the main part all i have to do is make the armour and las gun minus the helmet

does anyone know where i can get a gas mask that looks like the one in the pic without goggles

i'll be using my BPM uniform for the main part all i have to do is make the armour and las gun minus the helmet

does anyone know where i can get a gas mask that looks like the one in the pic without goggles

I'd consider the General Service Respirator, pretty similar and is already ballistic rated.

I cosplay as far as airsoft is concerned, as i have a Half Life "Black Mesa Security Guard" kit.

Slowly trying to make it more accurate,

Don't really do it for conventions though. I just enjoy playing around on skirmish.

Also toying with the idea of making a "Captain America" style outfit, although Malaysia, not America :P

Anyone know where i can buy a rubber crowbar, let me know :)

I've always wandered about cosplay, but sadly I'm not that into comics so would have to be a film or game character and considering I largely only play "realistic" games its kinda limiting :)

Nick, Im the same. Which is why I make up my own game and go for the old "This is one of the characters from my new game that im developing, how about we go back to the hiltons and discuse this further, maybe we can get you a part n the game." And boom. I get laid.

Or They call my BS try to look up the project on their phone for more info (Damn you, Smartphones.) and I end up getting a good ol'knee to the groin.

Nick, Im the same. Which is why I make up my own game and go for the old "This is one of the characters from my new game that im developing, how about we go back to the hiltons and discuse this further, maybe we can get you a part n the game." And boom. I get laid.

Or They call my BS try to look up the project on their phone for more info (Damn you, Smartphones.) and I end up getting a good ol'knee to the groin.

Sounds like a good idea! :D

I'll have to wingman you at some point :P

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=eva%20foam&sprefix=eva+f%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aeva%20foam

Its the same stuff they make Yoga mats those spongey floor tiles from Adam.

You should be able to find the quantity you want there!

as teddy linked, thats the foam you use, can get it down maplins too.

its good stuff for making the main Armour, and if you get the 2mm sheets too, you can use it for detailing the Armour, such as making it look like its plated metal.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, not really...

am working on some bits of armour etc for a fallout themed game i might attend. trying to see how i can get on using fiberglass car repair kit and papermache(one strength one for bulk) so far seems like itll work just takes a fair bit of time and having a better plan than what i had...

Archived