TM MP5K service/cleaning

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ok so i bought this gun some 10 years ago, and while i have only just got a new battery - charged - and fired it today... in maybe 9 years it hasnt been used, and even when it was used it had less than 2000 bb though it (i only ever had the standard 28 round mag), it got me thinking .......

dose it need a service/clean?

and whats involved? (i lost/ carnt find the original instructions ... and the ones i found on the net dont go into cleaning/servicing etc)

(i am a electrician by trade, and i can fix most things etc)

• Supporters

hmmmm maybe I was being abit too specific ...

let try :- Do you guys service your guns? and is it a strip/clean/grease/reassemble?

most people tend to take apart their guns, clean and regrease, then tighten everything afterwards, normal AEG's you'd do it maybe once every 6 months (assuming you go once or twice a month),

well, if it's sounding right and firing ok, then i don't think servicing is a necessity.

But if you insist, you should first clean out the inner barrel by getting an unjamming rod or a thin rod, wrap a small cloth around then end and clean the inner barrel using it.

Then what you could do is open up the gearbox (search for a how-to, i've never worked on MP5 gearboxes), wipe everything, every bit of old grease in there and reapply some silicon grease that you can get in airsoft websites.

Once you put it all together, it should be fine. Make sure nothing has rusted up :D

• Supporters

well, if it's sounding right and firing ok, then i don't think servicing is a necessity.

But if you insist, you should first clean out the inner barrel by getting an unjamming rod or a thin rod, wrap a small cloth around then end and clean the inner barrel using it.

Then what you could do is open up the gearbox (search for a how-to, i've never worked on MP5 gearboxes), wipe everything, every bit of old grease in there and reapply some silicon grease that you can get in airsoft websites.

Once you put it all together, it should be fine. Make sure nothing has rusted up :D

sounds ok, fires brill (I was quite surprised to be honest)

Ill make a start on it on Monday, been hitting YouTube hard today B) and as for the lubes .... we have them all at work ;):ph34r:

no rust visible on any screws on the exterior :D

• Supporters

had it chrono'ed tonight with 0.2bb's @ 210fps, not bad all things considering

have seen stock FPS quoted from 235 to 280-310fps :blink::blink:

Archived