Best budget ammo

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm about to get a support gun and I was hoping to put a 6.08mm barrel in it, the ends being that I can hopefully run cheaper ammunition through it without jamming the barrel, accuracy not being such a huge deal with support weapons afterall.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any ammo that might be appropriate (falling into the crap but not too crap category), .2g and .25g.

At the moment I'm using the KA ammo, which is £10 for 5000/.2g or £12 for 5000/.25g

Cheers folks!

Devil Blaster BB's. Buying in bulk is always cheaper! :)

Stick with the KA.

One of our players has a M60 and they feed great on them.

Tried some cheaper ammo the grange were selling (cant remember the brand but they were 0.23g) and they refused to feed at all.

reason I do not buy ammo form z1, once you add shipping I might as well buy it from my site.

as for z1 bbs, I have heard very mixed views on it (everything from 'best bbs ever manufactured' to 'this ammo will no only break your aegs but also threaten your granny, steal candy from children and burn down your house').. hence I would stay away. Althou they say they have fixed the issues.

• Supporters

Z1 BBs only this weekend caved under the pressure of... being sat in a mid cap...

Mag failed to feed. Took it to bits to find it had jammed because the BB closest to the follower had essentially exploded because of the tension it was under, and fragments of it had got stuck between the follower and the edge of the mag's BB passage, jamming it to absolute buggery.

It happened to me once with an Emag as well, and considering I only load 30 shots into my mags, that really isn't a lot of tension for a BB to cave under.

Makes me worry slightly as a mesh eye-pro user, if it takes that little pressure to shatter them.

I used the rest in my garden to test my guns with after upgrades and didn't have many other issues, but I did notice worse range and groupings with the Z1 BBs over Blasters. I think the weight of them might be rather unevenly distributed, or they may contain air bubbles. That would explain the fragile quality of them, as well as the inaccuracy they caused my gun.

BUT, for a support gun, in a high cap I imagine they'll be fine, bar the worry about mesh eye pro.

• Supporters

I use BB King most of the time. Cheapest decent ammo around bar none. It hasn't caused me any problems that I think were down to ammo. Not that I haven't had any problems involving BB feeding since I've been using them, but I usually have a couple of thousand Blasters kicking around too and swapping to them hasn't caused any magical solutions. This has been in a 6.04 barrel as well as 6.08's, so make of that what you will. My only complaint about them is that they don't seem to respond to hop quite as well as Blasters, but it's only a minor difference.

• Supporters

I wouldn't bother with zero ones either, I had one that was genuinley closer to a cube than it was a sphere. = one broken g36.

I'd say bulk buy standard blasters. Shop around and you'll find some good deals. Try 'airsoft4you'

• Supporters

bulk buying blasters from landwarrior works for me.

Avoid fireball BBs like the plague though, bough a bag of them at a CQB site recently and they managed to jam in my SPEED LOADER before they even got into the mag, then one of them exploded backwards into the workings of my pistol. Absolute shite, I've still got about 3,000 of the bastards in a plastic bag in my room which will be used for tornado grenades and nothing else.

Archived