Ares - I just don't get it

Dan_W
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Have you tryed Polishing a Turd....

is what he'll probably say...

It's Harsh but his replie's to this thread are GREAT!

• Supporters

As it happens, a great deal of what sound engineers do is basically turd polishing, except that you also have to think of a never ending stream of reasons why stench emanating from the work in progress is your fault, not the talent's, because one thing that is sure to produce nothing but the sloppiest caca dans les coulottes, beyond any hope of taking a shine, is the talent losing confidence.

• Supporters

You actually can polish a turd, they did it on Mythbusters

However, the turd I have is beyond polishing I think, imagine a really well polished ball of turd, but when you touch it, instead of it being like a christmas tree bauble, hard and resistant against your proddings, allowing it to retain its shape and shine, it's like a perfectly spherical ball of tin foil, which then dents and is no longer perfect.

Well it's like that, except someone scrunched it up and put it in the toilet, so there's no way to differentiate it from a regular turd anymore.

I'm going to try ONE LAST thing, before giving up hope completely, but if it doesn't work, I'll have tried everything and the only thing it'll be fit for, is the bin.

A gigantic, red, dog shit bin.

I don't think getting a new set of internals would make any difference, the feeding mech would still be the same and it's that which is causing 100% of the problems.

• Supporters

Mate, that is such a shame. I'm guessing that it's proprietary mag / feed tube etc. The only other thing would be to dremmel it all out and replace with another company's solution... :blink: !

• Supporters

Yeah, I thought about modding it somehow using the springs that bbs are fed through in the CA and A&K LMGs but it'd be too much of a faff for me to be arsed.

If JD don't reply I'll try and flog it to someone as a "project" gun, 'cos that's what it'll bloody be lol. Pocket actually asked about buying it off me when I first skirmished it and found out it was shit. So he might be a contender.

Though I think he just bought Basil's Cheytac... Guess I'll just have to see how it plays out.

ares do some awesome externals but awful internals,such as the new ms338,looks amazing but if you dont put the exact amount of bbs in the mag then it wont load,then if you do it right if you want to take your mag out and not waste bb's you have to put a plastic bag around the magwell then release the mag,they are retarded,need a company to come along now and make some nice rifs with amazing internals with full trademarks then all of us are sorted

• Supporters

I've pretty much decided that my next gun will be a Dragunov, but after that maybe a wooden furniture ICS AKM - bomb proof internals and very good externals too: TBB and it should be raring to go like a slapped moggy on your head!

Can't see Pocket offering you much - buying and selling is part of his game, eh?

• Supporters

ICS ak's are truly great guns, a friend of mine has one that I borrowed for the day a while back and thoroughly enjoyed using it despite not liking AK's and their variants.

It just shot incredibly nicely and very consistantly.

• Supporters

Yeah I love my ICS Krinkov, it's just that it needs a touch more power, but it's jammed together so I can't put the 6.02mm TBB I have for it in until I find a way to break it down without busting it...

• Supporters

Yeah, I know Pocket is the worst person ever to go to if you're trying to shift something, but in a world where you've told everyone how appallingly shit the gun is, including the manufacturer, openly on Facebook, you just have to accept you're going to get a crap return on it and give it to someone that'll just take it off you anyway because they like the look of it and feel like they might be able to sort it out.

And breathe. Hate it when you struggle to put full stops in...

• Supporters

S'what semi-colons are for: full colons being for excreting shite upon the heads of Ares Designers, otherwise known as AD, or Attention Deficit and, inevitably, Ahhhhhhh DICKS! Why did they do that?

Shut up about it for a while & wait patiently for the next game inspired noob with indulgent parents... >¿O

Archived