Buying my first airsoft rifle

Adammd209
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and new to airsoft.

I'm an experienced airgunner and shooter and I'm going to be starting airsofting very soon.

I want to buy my first rifle and was wanting any opinions and suggestions on the various rifles. I would like a rifle that is suitable for multi role purposes. I'm not really a cqb person, more mid to long range combat, but I would prefer not to buy a sniper rifle.

I would like a rifle that's accurate and of good quality. I've got around £350-£400 to spend. I would prefer to stay away from the M4 platform but would gladly accept any recommendations you may have. Currently looking at the SA80 platform but there seems to be conflicting information as to what brand shines out as the best.

Kind regards

Adammd209

ICS L85/SA80(whatever you silly Brits call them) is undoubtedly the best Sa80 available.

Other recommendations? G&G Top tech guns,like the T4-18 or HBA-L(Which is More of a DMR)

I would recommend Tokyo Marui,but only their recoil shocks and high cycle guns are worth buying.The recoil shocks are out of budget and high cycles not suited to your role.

Check out other guns from G&G TopTech and Higher spec ICS guns.

If you would like a Kalashnikov for whatever reason,VFC or LCT if you can find them in your budget range.

I'm not too experienced with AEGs,only on sniper rifles.Some other members can give much less vague suggestions.

Anyway,welcome to the sport and the forums!

@Unrustle_Thine_Jimmies, the SA80 is the name of a family of weapons, the L85A2, L86A2 are 2 of the family. Military personal refer to it as the SA80 & civilians normally refer to it as the L85A2.

Anyway, the ICS L85A2 is the one to go for, amazing out of the box performance, comes standard with a 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel already fitted, 300+ fps. I have not long had mine & its beating upgraded M4's, G36's.

I would recommend getting a SUSAT or ACOG scope for it to truly utilise its range. Just be aware it has a 19mm rail not a 20mm but you can buy adaptors.

I personally like the PTS masada, however that is slightly over budget... But the new PTS masada SV is £300 but doesnt come with front and rear sights but you coupd spend the rest of your budget on upgrades.

If you want an SA80 go for the ICS it is by far the best!

If you're looking at L85's then I would definately go for ICS. If you prefer medium to lond range combat then ICS do both L85's and L86 LSW's, both of which will be in your budget range. I would also look at FN FAL's because there are a good range out there.

• Supporters

Sounds like the ICS is favoured by many people? Didn't want to go for an M4 because many many people seem to have them.... Or is that a good sign of their adaptability?

Very good rifles, very easy to use, fire selector is above your thumb, and mag release is on your trigger finger.

I only have a G&G CM16 Raider L (M4 style, quite reasonable £££ gun) so i cannot compair it, but what i can say is i love the feel of it, how it handels and is layed out, and the battery in the stock it quite good for weight balance.

I do want a L85 or L86 though :D and its gunna be a ICS one. Go read the Review Ed has done in the review section B)

• Supporters

You could always be a rebel! Or really rebelious!!

Archived