KRISS VECTOR, 49 Rounds?

QuadMachine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right so it's payday and I'm ready to buy a new gun. Fancied the Vector for a while, was poised to purchase and then spotted that it only holds 49 Rounds ?!?!

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kwa-kriss-vector-gbb-6mm-smg-gas-blowback

Surely for a mag that long it could do at least 100-120. The UMP does 120 with a stick mag and the G36 with a short M-16 style clip does 160. The mags are £43 quid a go to, so you'd have to shell out for at least 5 to see yourself through the average skirmish.

Does anyone here go into a fight with that little ammo?

• Supporters

It's a gas gun so the mag will only hold about 50 rounds, otherwise you're never going to get any gas in there.

I know people who shoot with about 350 rounds, but I'm not so sure about less.

Yes, every single time.

I have:

GBB 416 that holds 30 rounds per magazine. (I have 4 magazines atm)

GBB MP7 that holds 20 rounds in the short magazine, 40 rounds in the long magazine. (4 short, 5 long mags)

Feed systems of gas mags are very different to AEGs. Also the gas reservoir takes up 80% of the magazine, so no room for more BBs.

• Supporters

I only load my AEG mags with 30 shots, it takes me around 5 seconds on average to reload, so it's no different from winding a hi-cap - Except it feels more badass. Especially on gas guns when you have to also rack the bolt or slap the bolt release, causing all sorts of eargasmic metal on metal sounds.

I've gone games more than an hour long before and used less than 40 shots, you just need to know when you can and can't hit targets and be selective. It's a different play style, but if you don't force yourself to adjust you're just going to have no ammo.

I personally find more satisfaction is being particular about my targets and running with limited ammo. It heightens the game for me and make you feel better when you win with what most would consider a handicap.

I run a Vector and its really not a problem if you have 3 or 4 mags. I only have 3 atm and its usually fine for a skirmish, but I also carry some spare gas and a speedloader for refills at regen.

I also only use mid caps filled to 90 for my AEG so my style of play has changed from high caps to mid caps and reloads if needed. It can be very satisfying running low ammo counts when it comes together.

M

Agh Gas/less room makes sense. Missed that. Impressed you lads run on such short mags. At the Bunker I carry 5 mags with 120 rounds a piece. At the Mall I tend to carry 3, using the spare pouch for pyro.

@airsoft-ed Yeah I get where your coming from with the blowback and racking of the that's gotta feel pretty good.

Guess It's probably time for me to man up and try a low mag load out. Thing is, sometimes being able to fill the air with BB's is more useful than actually hitting something, not sure I'd want to give that up...

• Supporters

It takes less fire than you think to keep someone's head down. Sure more is always going to do the job better, but I just shoot at hard surfaces that make loud noises.

Shits people right up. Even if there's someone behind a wood barricade, but there are some steel oil drums to their side, shoot them instead if you want to fire and move. The clanging is guaranteed to keep their head down, it's louder than shooting the wood and the sound resonates, drawing it out longer and heightening the effect, it doesn't even take much ammo. Works great! Especially if you aim at the side adjacent to them, you can trick people into thinking you've got them flanked, before you even do!

S'all about diversionary tactics when you've got limited ammo.

It takes less fire than you think to keep someone's head down. Sure more is always going to do the job better, but I just shoot at hard surfaces that make loud noises.

Shits people right up. Even if there's someone behind a wood barricade, but there are some steel oil drums to their side, shoot them instead if you want to fire and move. The clanging is guaranteed to keep their head down, it's louder than shooting the wood and the sound resonates, drawing it out longer and heightening the effect, it doesn't even take much ammo. Works great! Especially if you aim at the side adjacent to them, you can trick people into thinking you've got them flanked, before you even do!

S'all about diversionary tactics when you've got limited ammo.

Yeah it's a salient argument. Tracer makes a big difference to, although stopping a full team in it's tracks (which I talkeda bout in another post) requires a serious amount of firepower. maybe I just love full auto to much ;-)

when i fully got into airsoft i was carrying 6 high caps and 1 mid but as i went along and realised to obly take shots if you have a 80% chance of hitting them then its a no go,i was running 3 30 rounders in my we scar but that was cqb,woodland i would want 6 but they are heavy things

Archived