Vinyl Printing

Lucas3004
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I couldn't find anywhere to put this idea so it goes here!

I have a G&G UMG (UMP.45) but noticed they do not have the mock .45 rounds on the magazine like the Star/Ares version. I was wondering if anyone knew or has tried to use a vinyl printing service or whether it would be a good idea to print mock rounds and slap them on the mags (assuming they hold well to the abs). I have messed around with laminating a low quality print which gave this:

2013-02-16154359.jpg

Comparable with a real steel (I think):

heckler_koch_ump45__45acp_by_wolfwing911

What you think?

From a distance it looks alright. Can't really see any detail from the pic.

Surely it will come off from wear and tear though?

Also. How are you finding the gun? What batteries are you using?

I'm gonna be ordering a few of these for our uni society.

Thanks for the feedback. Yea they look ok at distance but a bit tacky up close. The vinyl can be laminated to protect them but I was wondering whether the adhesive will hold over time. I will try the vinyl I think and show the results in a few days.

The gun itself is a superb AEG. The hop is a little hot (as in all their UMPs I hear) but I combat this by using .28 BBs and it has decent accuracy and range for an SMG. I have also (finally) managed to get hold of the suppressor and run a 35cm .03 madbull tightbore through it which enhances the grouping over range. The suppressor genuinely reduces the number of decibels from air compression, great for anti-sniper maneuvers through the woods or urban CQB! Everything else is stock and performs well with a 8.4V 1600mAh stick battery (two are recommended to last a full days skirmish). A great and adaptable alternative to the MP5 and personally my favourite AEG :)

Just need to perfect the look with those dummy rounds.

Ah kl cheers mate. Might have to order up some more batteries as well.

Usually a 1600mAh will last me 2 days woodland, but i might as well go prepared and buy some more :P

• 2 months later...

Update: I've made some high quality laminated dummy rounds and glued them on with some soft plastic glue and hold well. Happy with the effect and also decided to add some DPM camo wrap for woodland.

2013-06-07230922.jpg

If you darken the white gaps bewteen the bullets it will look a bit more realistic. a drop shadow of sorts.

• 2 weeks later...

You could get the wrapped (Like people wrap cars) it would work but for the cost I am not sure it's worth it. Again if you catch it at all it will tear and you would have to do it again. A few of my customer from work do vehicle gfx if you want to try it I can get you numbers if you don't have one local. I guess it's something they do everyday and you may freak a few people out with ammo mags :)

Archived