GoPro Hero2 Montage

Jean-Luc 2 La rue
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everybody,

i make a dubstep airsof montage on youtube and I want you to give me advice on this:

and our others videos with english subtittles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AbrutieToutTerrain?feature=mhee

Enjoy ! :)

Use a motion tracker to stabalise the footage.

You can use after effects to do this, or you can get freware software designed for it also. Its useful for the footage where you are running which just shakes all over the place.

Ok, I will put that for my next videos.

But, at the end of upload, Youtube propose me to stabalise my video. I ever click on "no" because im afraid of the result.

Does it work good or motion tracker with after effect it's better ?

• Supporters

Never use YouTube's stabiliser, it is bloody terrible. You can try it and revert it back if you don't like it though. Personally I don't have an issue with the footage as it is.

I like the editing, the hit marker and kill feed things are great, I wish I could do that with my videos. Nice bunch of clips for the montage as well, I like how you've added shots that don't actually involve shooting. Flicking the finger over cover was a favourite haha.

The site looks freakin' awesome.

I like cinematography so I tend to be picky with video footage. Which is why im building a quadrotor so i can get some epic wide shots during gameplay.

But yeah, take the shots where you are running alot and run them through the motion tracker, it rotates the image to counteract the movment, but it means that you then have to upscale the footage to hide the black spots (which is where youtube fails, as it doesnt upscale) Although you may find that footage that is too shaky wont upscale well after its been processed, thats why alot of people go with shock mounts which absorb alot of the virbrations giving a smoother / steadier camera shot.

Never use YouTube's stabiliser, it is bloody terrible. You can try it and revert it back if you don't like it though. Personally I don't have an issue with the footage as it is.

I like the editing, the hit marker and kill feed things are great, I wish I could do that with my videos. Nice bunch of clips for the montage as well, I like how you've added shots that don't actually involve shooting. Flicking the finger over cover was a favourite haha.

The site looks freakin' awesome.

Thanks a lot.

What programs do you use for your Youtube videos ?

• Supporters

I just use iMovie lol, I have FinalCutPro10, but can't figure out how to use it beyond what iMovie offers, so I just stick with it.

I just use iMovie lol, I have FinalCutPro10, but can't figure out how to use it beyond what iMovie offers, so I just stick with it.

I don't know what is this program; but have you already try Sony Vegas ? It's a very nice programme,with a lot of effects (audio and video),slow-motion, ect...

• Supporters

I have a Mac so iMovie is the pre-installed video editing software that it comes with.

I'm not sure whether Sony Vegas is Mac compatible, but I have heard of it.

I have a Mac so iMovie is the pre-installed video editing software that it comes with.

I'm not sure whether Sony Vegas is Mac compatible, but I have heard of it.

I suspected for the Mac because the "i" beore Movie.

It's a pity for you, Sony vegas is really great. :mellow:

vegas isnt on Mac, But after effects is.
If you can think of it, after effects can do it.

Good for any effects you want to do, and good for editing too.

vegas isnt on Mac, But after effects is.

If you can think of it, after effects can do it.

Good for any effects you want to do, and good for editing too.

I will download them.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

The little montage at the beginning is spectacular :rolleyes:

The little montage at the beginning is spectacular :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot.

I think I will make a little montage always with a different music, for each videos.

Hi, I have testing the GoPro slow-motion.

It just a little trailer for a future footage, I will put the slow mo only for the intro on this music. (the music of "Requiem for a dream")

Only just caught up with the video you uploaded on the 14th, I liked it. You make the Animated Intro for that video too?

The editing is getting better too. If you try watching montages on youtube of battlefield 3, you'll get a little idea on cutting together a more agresive type of edit which works well with dubstep music.

Also if you want to try doing slow mo id say dont slow the footage down any further than what the camera recorded the footage at, as you ntoice with the latest video where people moving are slightly blured due to the frame rates not matching.

A good way to cheat, is to get a down load for twixor. its can be a tricky program to use, and even harder to use if you have alot of motion, but if you get skilled with it you can make fake slow mo video footage as the program (its a plug in for after effects and sony vegas) generates more frames by morphing the two frames together, it does make some noticable morphing in the end result. but skilled people can get the same result and it not even be noticeable.

Keep up with the videos, I am enjoying these.

1) Only just caught up with the video you uploaded on the 14th, I liked it. You make the Animated Intro for that video too?

2) The editing is getting better too. If you try watching montages on youtube of battlefield 3, you'll get a little idea on cutting together a more agresive type of edit which works well with dubstep music.

3) Also if you want to try doing slow mo id say dont slow the footage down any further than what the camera recorded the footage at, as you ntoice with the latest video where people moving are slightly blured due to the frame rates not matching.

A good way to cheat, is to get a down load for twixor. its can be a tricky program to use, and even harder to use if you have alot of motion, but if you get skilled with it you can make fake slow mo video footage as the program (its a plug in for after effects and sony vegas) generates more frames by morphing the two frames together, it does make some noticable morphing in the end result. but skilled people can get the same result and it not even be noticeable.

4) Keep up with the videos, I am enjoying these.

1) Yes for animed intro.

2) Thanks.

I am inspired by CoD4 ( :wub: ) Promod footage of different players.

But can you give me some names of (great) BF3 footages ? Because I have never see a BF footage.

3) Ok, I find a French tutorial for twixtor. B)

But not download link yet. (If you have it, I take it) I have it now.

4) Thanks a lot. :)

There plenty of good ones. I like Frankiein1080p he does some pretty cool gameplay videos. But there are many more who have a better edit style. I'll have to find a few good examples for you.

There plenty of good ones. I like Frankiein1080p he does some pretty cool gameplay videos. But there are many more who have a better edit style. I'll have to find a few good examples for you.

Ok, thanks.

I would like to ask you. Do you use Twixtor for airsoft videos ?

Because I found a french tutorial but the guy use Twixtor for Call of D*** footage and if I use his parameters I have a blurred video.

I actually testing different things, but the result it's not good.

So, if you use Twixtor can you help me to find the best (or good) parameters for have a nice fluid slow-mo ?

Yeah ive used it before. As I said it can a be a very tricky program to use.

What it does is that it will take two frames spread them apart across a time frame then add several more frames, it will morph the image of the two refferance frames to fill the new frames that its made.

When you're learning to use it, you're going to get alot of very blury results, but keep tweaking with the settings to find what works best for you.

Also, its a good idea to watch the entire clip you are editing, and cut it into small clips, the best clips to use for this plug in are ones where there is very little background movement. so if you can try to stabalise any footage before using twixtor.

This is one of my favourite Twixtor videos at the moment, you'll notice he has a fair amount of bluring in some shots it cant be helped when doing moving shots sometimes.

• 1 month later...
I post, my news videos. (note: I have add english subtitles)

Da_sheriff: Twixtor mad me ! Seriously, I have try a lot of parameters, but I always have a ugly slow-mo with lot of blur.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived