Looking to expand my british experience :)

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I dont know if you knwo but i am a British Armed Forces Freak (A BAFF) :D

I am currently running a SAS Woodland type look

Explanation??

It just happend lol, Got the M4 (which funny enough they prefer over the SA80), The DPMs and the Standered Issue combat vest

But i dont want to persuse the same old "British" look on the airsoft field so i was looking for a differnt Divsion/Corps & Regiments

I was looking at the 3 (UK) Division which is a "deployable division" which is based in the south of england (which is the closest i am going to get to Jersey) but this is just a bog standered british army look so i dunno

Has anyone got any ideas (and keep it british ey ;) ) :)

Thanks again guys

Jack

I think i may of found one :D

Special Forces Support Group

Special_Forces_Support_Group.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Forces_Support_Group

• Supporters

well they currently run a modified C8 they call the L119A1, if you were willing to spend the money then i would say it would make that more SAS ish. but the m4 is perfectly fine if you not willing to splash out the money.

a pic of your loadout would help or what era your looking to recreate.

but being as its woodland all i can think would be comms and backpack as per the normal RAV vest and DPM's

Yer i will get a picture of both my load-outs which are slightly different but if you watch some of my videos you might be able to see my load-out

And i am looking for the current eras which i know can be classifiied like the SFSG is

Thanks

The thing is with the SAS and the SBS is their loud-outs veary from soilder to soilder becuase they use what works with them

Also anyone can through on a pair of DPMs grab a M4 and call them selfs a SAS renactor

And my site is heavy woodland so i will need to keep it greenage :)

• Supporters
The thing is with the SAS and the SBS is their loud-outs veary from soilder to soilder becuase they use what works with them

thats a good thing, gives you a chance you mix things up a bit. :lol:

sf2.jpg

sf4.jpg

anyway as mentioned above they do not use the M4.

C8andAG36.jpg

• Supporters
You sure?? lol

as above it is a modified C8, basically a C8 SFW aka L119A1. :) the m4 is a pass off for airsoft ofc but its always nice to know seeing as you like the British army so much :)

anyway get some load out pics up so we can give you some more advice couldn't really see your load out in some of the vids i watched.

I might make a video today discribing my load-out

And i am pritty sure the SAS in perticular use the M4, the Colt Commando modal to be excat

But ethier way i am good :) lol

• Supporters
And i am pritty sure the SAS in perticular use the M4, the Colt Commando modal to be excat

find me a pic to prove that ;), and it'll still end up being a diemaco C8 just the cqb rather than the sfw

• Supporters
I might make a video today discribing my load-out

But ethier way i am good :) lol

this could of been pre 1980/1990's or whatever when they used the m16a1 / m733. but as you said you wanted a modern loadout.

• Supporters

basic manufacturer info for the 16" c8 sfw (L119a1)

http://www.coltcanada.com/sfw-page.htm

basic manufacturer info for the 10" c8 (L119a1)

http://www.coltcanada.com/cqb-page.htm

• Supporters

perfect example but they run a RIS rail and dont run that foresight RIS.

sfw-annot.gif

the noticeable differences between the m4 are

different barrel

different pistol grip

old school stock with butt pad

correct me if im wrong / missed anything.

• Supporters
Excellent list! I've learned more from this forum in about 2 days than I have at any other forum community.

glad to hear it, i suppose it helps that as well as moderating on here ive got an accounts on other forums that have large amounts of info on uksf/l119a1, im simply taking the most useful pieces at the moment and copying them here :P

here are most of the available reference images as well ;)

l119a1 http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/N...Airsoft/l119a1/

uksf http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/N...r_Airsoft/UKSF/

and some scans i did of a few copies of airsoft international for their sbs loadouts

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/N...oft/Ai%20scans/

happy to help tom

The british army is changing its camo to Multi-Terrain Pattern (multicam in other words) instead of DPM so you could have a multicam based loadout. Whats funny is that the US army is thinking of using it to so its gonna be hard to tell the differance if they do change it! Heres a picture of me in my multicam kit:

1276963528.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and by the way my multicam is the fake american one but it looks very simmilar to the British, but the British is just darker and much much much more expensive <_< so if i was you just buy the cheap one if your interested however DPM will still be around for a while to.

Oh and by the way my multicam is the fake american one but it looks very simmilar to the British, but the British is just darker and much much much more expensive <_< so if i was you just buy the cheap one if your interested however DPM will still be around for a while to.

Its also illegial for you to own the real thing right now, too...

All the stuff I've seen and a rank patch I own (which is legal to own, and you can buy freely) is all lighter, and a slightly brighter green. Apart from a desert version of multi cam ( :blink: ) which was darker and browner.

Only first/front line UK units in Afghanistan get the new Multicam. Others, and those currently in the UK keep DPM.

UK units on tour but not in Afghanistan keep DPM.

• Supporters

right before this annoys me any more. the british forces are not using multicam, they are using Multi Terrain Pattern (MTP) which is multicam based however its a mix of multicam and the traditional DPM

multicam

Multicam_pattern.jpg

DPM

d10dpm%20jun.jpg

MTP

tumblr_kuylzrhVIa1qav3uso1_500.png

Sorry, I only call it multicam because thats:

1)How I remember it

and

2)how the store clerk/QM in my cousin's unit refers to it 'multi-cam', never MTP.

Right I am going to cover a few points here.

1. MTP is the new camouflage, it is an adaptation of Crye Multicam but is a little different due to the pattern used.

2. The SAS and SBS currently use the Deimico C8 SFW (British Army designation L119A1) in both 16" and 10" variants. I don't think used the M4 officially, they used to use the M16, XM177 and M733 (amongst alot of other things) but the M4 was never to my knowledge adopted by them, and certainly hasn't been used by them in either Iraq or A'stan.

3. The SFSG use both L85's and L119A1's (due to the Hereford gun club having more weapons than shooters so the released alot to be used by the guys in 1PARA and the like for SFSG ops). The M4 is a look-a-like of the L119A1 but if you really want do do it right then you need either the L85 or L119A1.

Your best bet is to either get the L85 for a brit look or get some ACU/MARPAT/USwoodland and do a septic loadout. You have alot more freedom with yank stuff too.

right before this annoys me any more. the british forces are not using multicam, they are using Multi Terrain Pattern (MTP) which is multicam based however its a mix of multicam and the traditional DPM

multicam

Multicam_pattern.jpg

DPM

d10dpm%20jun.jpg

MTP

tumblr_kuylzrhVIa1qav3uso1_500.png

Yeah i know thats what I said but it came out kinda wrong :P MTP = Multi terain pattern but I use multicam because its chaeper and they look simmilar. I have a mate in the army who has some of the real stuff

Archived