Painting guns

Grizzly_wiperz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, I've just got home from a decent air softing day for the first time, loved it and want to get the license etc.

Now I know what weapon I want to get (as a first gun) and what equipment ill be getting.

Now my question really is what paints will I be able to use in the guns them selves as I would love to use my aztek airbrush on more than just my models I paint.

So yeah any help/advice would be great thank you.

Rob

You are looking at using spray cans to be honest as you need a harder finish than water based paints can give. Halfords do do a camo range which is quite good. If you can spray oil based paints through your airbrush then go for it, if not then you would be looking at cans.

Yeah you can use your airbrush, just remember to finish it off with a good clear coat to keep the finish. Its the same process as what they would do for a car, Although To be far it will fade/wear quicker than if you were just to use a tough paint designed for hard wear.

You can either take the guns to bits OR spray a layer and then move the selector and spray again.

I would disessamble everyting, to insure that I had a smooth coat.

As for the parts, Either sand them down a little to allow for the extra gap the paint will fill (on male parts) and mask off the female parts, best bet is to use expanding foam to fill the holes so you dont get paint in them. Same for any and all screw holes.

Sand down the surface you want to paint so that the paint sticks better, And I would advise to use a good primer too.

from experience strip it down,spray on a dry day,put them on a washing line with hangers.airbrushing looks good but takes some getting used to,spray painting is easier especially with krylon or halfords paint

Archived