I'm a noob, question about airsoft guns

JediArron
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am looking to buy an air soft gun, but I have never done so before :)

I want an M4 :D I don't like the look of the coloured guns, I think they negate any gun from being good looking, and I also want a high FPS gun :D

I wanted to ask, (as I understand not all guns are fully metal, but mixed with metal and plastic) Is this gun fully metal? (As in the barrel, grip, body, handel, all of the components..)

http://www.socomtactical.net/airsoft-guns/professional-airsoft-guns/assault-rifles/we-m4a1-aeg.html

If it was I was thinking of buying it... Unless I find another M4 which is fully metal and has a high FPS which is cheaper.. but it doesn't look like it.

It just seems too good for a gun that cheap (relative to others) to be fully constructed of metal

• Supporters

If you don't have a UKARA then you'll have to get it coloured. (law.) Unless you mean tan coloured guns?

The description for that gun states that it is full metal. The gun itself isn't bad, the finish is really nice, I used it last week and it performed quite well. I don't think you'll find a cheaper full metal gun (that is built well) but there are the AGM guns, which IMO are atrocious. (build quality, performance etc) but that was from my experience with them.

If you don't have a UKARA then you'll have to get it coloured. (law.) Unless you mean tan coloured guns?

The description for that gun states that it is full metal. The gun itself isn't bad, the finish is really nice, I used it last week and it performed quite well. I don't think you'll find a cheaper full metal gun (that is built well) but there are the AGM guns, which IMO are atrocious. (build quality, performance etc) but that was from my experience with them.

Wait, you used this exact same gun?

The WE model?

And also, is every component of the gun fully metal... or is it just selective components? :D

Yeah, except the stock was different. You could look at reviews of the gun on Youtube and see if it's any good for you. :)

What is the stock? :D

I have tried looking on Youtube, but I couldn't find any reviews of this exact gun, which has the front metal barrel and not orange :D

• Supporters

I have tried looking on Youtube, but I couldn't find any reviews of this exact gun, which has the front metal barrel and not orange :D

The stock is the thing on the rear end of the gun that you put against your shoulder.

It'll be the same gun, but with different furniture on it.

pic_2004_12_08_ar15_diagram.gif

to have it "not orange" you need a UKARA registration or other accepted defence other wise you are braking the law!

other wise you are braking the law!

Yeah,it's never a good idea to halt justice and law.

Geddit? braking=halting/stopping? eh eh? nobody?

I'll show myself out

Now,on topic.

You must have a colored gun unless you have a valid defense UKARA is the easiest to get,you must attend skirmishes on a frequent basis and be registered on a database.Otherwise,you must have 51% of your gun colored in a bright color.

FPS means fuck all most of the time.Range of your gun is determined by the hop up unit,accuracy by your barrel and hop up.FPS determines the speed of the BB.IT DOES effect range,but not in such a massive way.

This does not mean you can turn your hop setting to max and get 50m+ ranges and accuracy.You will end up lobbing the BB,it will go in a massive arc and go anywhere.

For a gun,I can recommend the G&G GR16,a full metal version of G&G's beginner series of guns.

Try to avoid cheap Chinese full metal guns,they usually use very low quality metals which break easily.

The WE gun you selected is good,I'm just throwing these here for consideration.

RIS version: http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/taiwanese-airsoft-guns/g-g-taiwan/gr-16-series-full-metal/tigertone-gc-16-gandg-full-metal-combat-machine-raider-l.html

Standard version: http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/taiwanese-airsoft-guns/g-g-taiwan/gr-16-series-full-metal/gc-16-gandg-full-metal-comabat-machine-m4a1.html

Not had that model of WE m4, but WE as a brand I can enjoy, i had a Scar GBB for a while and I did enjoy it, Just the british wather wasnt the best for a GBB rifle so went back to my G&G M4.

And as every one has already pointed out, You will need a defence to purchase a all black rifle (Known as an RIF - Realistic Imitation firearm) the easier defense is known as the UKARA, which is what sites will accept, How ever If you are a member of a film company or a reinactment company, than that is also a valid defence, (but more hastle to make a purchase, as it normally means doing it in store instead as online)

PS, Welcome to the sport.

• Supporters

to have it "not orange" you need a UKARA registration or other accepted defence other wise you are braking the law!

Yeah,it's never a good idea to halt justice and law.

Yeah, it's retarded enough already! :)

FPS does matter. Yes, hop up is very important to range and there are examples of guns with low FPS which achieve impressive range, compared to an average AEG such as a carbine length M4 with a 1 Joule spring and 6.08mm inner barrel, despite lower FPS, for example Tokyo Marui M14's. However a gun with good hop up and higher FPS will achieve even better range, like CYMA CM.028 AK47's for instance.

Archived