What am best cheap flashlight?

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So folks,

Been looking all over fleabay, I'm after a cheap flashlight with a pressure mount and barrel mount and batteries to go with it etc.

Anyone know what the cheapest decent contenders are?

I can't find anything decent below forty quid.

I don't need massive power, just decent reliability!

Cheers in advance!

if 'massive power' is not needed, you can probably get something decent for around £40, cheap pressure pads (and not so cheap ones!!) tend to be a bit fragile. if it can take a 18650 battery its great as well..

dont know all the brands and prices off hand but have a look at fenix, klarus, nextorch, nitecore, wolf eyes, thrunite... etc.

I've had one of these that came with my KWA MP7, it was pretty good but not as good as my Olight.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-LIGHT-TORCH-FLASHLIGHT-CREE-RAIL-PRESSURE-PAD-UK-SUREFIRE-WATERPROOF-/370738632986?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item5651be991a

Its RIS adaptor though, so maybe you could find a barrel>RIS clamp thing.

Or, if you're feeling creative, You can raid maplin for the parts and have a go at building one your self. Thats what I'd do any way, I have a habit of making a mess.

• Supporters

Got myself sorted now.

Picked up an Ultrafire WF-501b from ebay that I found searching for hunting torches as suggested above.

Came to £23.50 with torch, battery and charger, barrel mount and pressure pad.

The guy has six more available if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130873053296?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Supporters

This is the fate of the 2 torches I used yesterday:

imag1158k.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The little Web-tex 9LED one - shattered. Failed during play but is unaccountably working now after simply opening it up - no repair even attempted.

The UltraFire C8 (which was £12.50 inc. P&P new from HK in a fleabay auction) - possibly saved from shattering by the 2 layers of blister pack plastic taped in front of the lens, which did get shattered. I'm in the process of acquiring some mesh to modify some night vision goggles so I'm going to make a shatterproof torch protector as well.

Probably worth thinking about. I mean £23.50 isn't loads but, regularly added to the cost of days' skirmishing, it would be a right pain in the arse.

Nothing wrong with 200 lumins.

I run my torch at 90 lumins during night games. 500 is a bit too bright and just lights up the entire area. Instant "im over here" beacon.

Its more about the throw and focus anyway.

Yup - they are plenty bright for a lot of scenarios. And to quote the OP, I think they fit the bill!

Been looking all over fleabay, I'm after a cheap flashlight with a
pressure mount and barrel mount and batteries to go with it etc.

I don't need massive power, just decent reliability!

• Supporters

Yeah, but the option to blind everyone looking towards you with a ridiculously powerful strobe is not to be sniffed at. Hence I bought this after following links from this thread last night: Why stick with 350 lm when you can have 4 1/2 times as much? The orange button will have to go though... Still, for £9 delivered, I'm happy!

I got an LED Lenser L5 off ebay new for £13. Then I got a mount for £9. The lenser is incredible especially for the price. I cant have a pressure switch added, but it has a pressure button on the back that needs the smallest amount of contact to engage the light. Also it's mounted perfectly in place so I can hold my rifle normally and move my thumb millimetres to switch it on. Don't look on the airsoft websites for a torch they are all really over priced.

• Supporters

Which seller did you get it from, redcoma?

• Supporters

Yeah, but the option to blind everyone looking towards you with a ridiculously powerful strobe is not to be sniffed at. Hence I bought this after following links from this thread last night: Why stick with 350 lm when you can have 4 1/2 times as much? The orange button will have to go though... Still, for £9 delivered, I'm happy!

Holy balls...

A mate of mine had a 600 lumen light at Tac House on Sunday and I thought my retinas had been melted by it, I hope you're on my team and in a good mood when I see you with it lol.

• Supporters

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought, Ed... after the double take lol!

Archived