Anything cheaper than a Warrior DCS?

Stormhall
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, as you may or may not know I am a skinny guy and I need a plate carrier to fit.

I have been advised to acquire the Warrior DCS or the Osprey but I'm on a budget so I was just wondering if there was anything that were like the two listed items above but cheaper.

I'm sure you could find a plate carrier on ebairsoft or Flecktarn but I can tell you from experience the DCS is an incredibly built comfortable and light weight in my opinion it is worth the extra money

Does it have to be a PC?

If you're small why not try out a chest/belt rig

For one I want to look tacticool and two I want to make use of my molle pouches.

Solid Snake had a chest rig and that's as cool as Tacticool gets.

Also MOST chest / belt rigs are MOLLE anyway so you can use your pouches.

Warrior 901 or Centurion are nice chest rigs and have a molle back panel for them as well.

The DCS is awesome!!! BUT the cost is irrelevant at the mo seeing as NO ONE has them in stock!

All my kit is warrior and for the cost is some of the best kit you can get.

My advice would be save up and get the best you can afford as getting cheap quality is never a good idea. Alrernativly keep an eye ut for used ones. but these are going for silly money and sell in seconds!

Lets face it, you seen those photographs of that black guy shooting an ak wearing a lifevest, he looks bad ass to hell. But i dont see any one running around with those things on :P

But yeah, go with a chest rig or a molle vest.

Templar look really good value. A few people on another forum told me that they are made by the same company as warrior, but I thought Templar were made over here. I'm probably wrong.

They seem a fair bit cheaper than warrior, plus you don't have to go through uk tactical. They never have any stock and don't reply to emails.

f314007f4fb0931f8e25151df2f19a6f.jpg

I think this is the best value rig I've ever seen.

• Supporters

I have a templar assault systems chest rig and it's extremely comfortable and adjusts very small if required. The only down side to it is that there's no option for a molle back panel for it, which is a bit of a restriction if you want to attach a hydro carrier or something to the back. When I'm wearing mine I for a woodland game I tend to pair it with a camelbak.

If you're too slim for a plate carrier I definitely recommend a chest rig.

I thought Warrior Kit was UK made?

The TAS stuff is very good quality as i have had a look at a few items of their kit.

• Supporters

Nope, they're made in China/somewhere in asia as far as I know. Just with much, much higher than usual quality control.

They're made alongside other stuff, probably as said, the templar stuff for example.

Yeah the TAS stuff is more or less the same as WAS stuff.

Archived