AK bullpup (rat/duct-tape-build)

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, made this yesterday when I had some time free.

Looks ratty like an AK mod should :) Shorter overall than my 733 when collapsed, but has a longer barrel.

vertical grip is secure with 3 cable ties (like the red dot XD) and wont go anywhere. '1911' style trigger. I might add a spring to it later for more rapid fire.. thou surprisingly you can shot very rapidly, more so than normally I'd even say.

I might do a more serious version at some time in the future, I will probably still keep the original pistol grip thou. Obviously the motor is in it, but it also makes for a great stock and there's just no reason to remove it. I also intend to keep the magazine grip, I quite like it and it makes it a bit unique.

Also, after the picture is take, I realised if you run some tape from grip to the mag well, it looks very 'bullpup' (look at the shape of the aug stock)

anyway, enough talking, here's my 'build':

p1070558y.jpg

again, ratty like an AK should be:D

Also makes for a real stupid profile pic hahaha XD

ah yes, got a whole folder of various bullpups on my comp now, cheers mate!

• Supporters

Have to say it...

That's not a bullpup. And if you know that, why call it one? :huh:

I can't see it being particularly useful, comfortable, or ergonomic either, especially when they're all things AKs are bad at in the first place, bar the first one.

Though I do think the way you moved the trigger was quite clever lol.

At first I was like

Idontwantto_zpsc84c5a0f.png

But now I'm like

i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama_

Please for the love of god turn it back :P

Maybe Go the Extra mile(s) and make an OTs-14?

Dont think I will make an OTs-14, but the 'final' build will probably look a lot more like a traditional AK-bullpup

1975+AK+Bullpup+Rifle-2.jpg

Found a real nice one just now.... LOVE it!

tumblr_m71u2fgQkC1rb4orvo1_1280.jpg

At first I was like

Idontwantto_zpsc84c5a0f.png

But now I'm like

i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama_

Please for the love of god turn it back :P

you seem upset, friend?

troll-face-sticker_9ba2f.jpg

Have to say it...

That's not a bullpup. And if you know that, why call it one? :huh:

I

can't see it being particularly useful, comfortable, or ergonomic

either, especially when they're all things AKs are bad at in the first

place, bar the first one.

Though I do think the way you moved the trigger was quite clever lol.

AK bullpups are not a new idea, theres ones out there..

hm,

I suppose bullpup means mag is behind the grip, which it technically

isn't although is behind the trigger.? thought it be a bit cramped to have it all in the front, plus though this was a bit more innovative/unique ^^

hmn pistols and a lot of smgs does that come to think about it, any name for it?

oh and its surprisingly comfortable, didnt think it would be either, or practical the way I've done it but it it.

• Supporters

Dont think I will make an OTs-14, but the 'final' build will probably look a lot more like a traditional AK-bullpup

1975+AK+Bullpup+Rifle-2.jpg

Found a real nice one just now.... LOVE it!

tumblr_m71u2fgQkC1rb4orvo1_1280.jpg

AK bullpups are not a new idea, theres ones out there..

That's a pretty darn good effort, bravo to whoever managed it. I wish them luck with aiming it down the sights though lol, if you look at the gun above, as well as the Groza then the sights are raised significantly, there's also a sort of cheek pad added, of sorts. Without them I imagine using it would be difficult.

For what it is though, it's pretty cool someone managed to make an airsoft one. I wonder how they did the trigger... Do you know if it actually works? Might just be a non-functioning mock up.

Love the random as hell ferret in the photo as well lol.

That's a pretty darn good effort, bravo to whoever managed it. I wish them luck with aiming it down the sights though lol, if you look at the gun above, as well as the Groza then the sights are raised significantly, there's also a sort of cheek pad added, of sorts. Without them I imagine using it would be difficult.

For what it is though, it's pretty cool someone managed to make an airsoft one. I wonder how they did the trigger... Do you know if it actually works? Might just be a non-functioning mock up.

Love the random as hell ferret in the photo as well lol.

Random ferret is always a winner!

A lot of AK bullpups I have seen works a lot like mine, but with a proper trigger, connected to the original trigger (think m9), and a housing over it.

I was thinking first of taking the lower receiver of a cheap gun and connect the gearbox to it, but somehow it does not feel very authentic for me.

and yes, the top one definitely work, its by an American manufacturer, cannot remember which one thou. the lower one.. I do not see why it wouldnt, althou if it was mine I'd probably just done what I described above..

as for sight.. well I tend to prefer reddots anyway, just gotta find a way to attach one without it looking to tacticool, I have some ideas.

will consider the cheek pad.

should probably have mentioned in the original post: unless I change my mind for some reason, I intend to keep working on the project until I have something proper.

• Supporters

Their real AK's... Knock off's of the Spetznas Groza, the Groza is Reliable but the Modified straight from Ak American Civilian version is Believed to be less reliable than the actual 47's

They Modified them Exactly how you said to do it 2-0 so your on the right Track!

Edit: i Was also thinking on it the day before hand and i just remembered my solution it's kind of hard to explain so i'll have to draw it when i get a chance (Probably not until sunday But basically Move the thing that cut's off the electricity in the gearbox (Red wire goe's to it) to just behind the trigger Punch and design a Bar to pull the Two piece's together to Let the current pass through and a spring in front of the trigger to push the Trigger back, the Lipo can be stored either above the gearbox or Inbetween the Motor and gearbox, Again this Probably make's no sense but It's something Picture's and Drawing's will help me explain better unless i was their in person =D

• 6 months later...

just browsed some airsoft thread on another forums.. found this..

tumblr_mb2u57C8b61r66ndjo1_500.jpg

creds to ossumsauce

oh and dont worry, I ain't got enough time on my hands atm! or any spare aegs for that sake.

That is certainly different.......

just browsed some airsoft thread on another forums.. found this..

tumblr_mb2u57C8b61r66ndjo1_500.jpg

creds to ossumsauce

oh and dont worry, I ain't got enough time on my hands atm! or any spare aegs for that sake.

Archived