Something is wrong

-Marksman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ever since I got my gun when I shoot a bb it has been swerving off to the right for most of the shots & the hopup does not seem to effect the spin on the bb. They always seem to fall way short for a gun that is doing around 470-80. Also when cleaning the inner barrel, I noticed some scratches on the very end of the barrel where the bb leaves the gun, I have not caused these because I have only been using the rod that came with the gun & a soft cloth.

Any ideas how to fix these problems?

Is this about your sniper? Could be that the barrel is a little off, does it have any spacers in the barrel?

Yes it is sorry I should have mentioned that, I have not completely removed the barrel from the outer barrel so I dont know if it does or not, if you dont have to take it out then I dont know :(

There should be a cap at the end of the barrel which you can screw off, if there is one, screw it off and see if the inner barrel moves around.

yes there is, once it is removed it wobbles around freely

I would suspect the inner barrel is not in straight, the hop is skewed to the left, causing the bb's to swerve right

Remove the bolt from the gun. Then look down the barrel from the muzzle end with the hop end pointed towards a light source. Turn the hop on about half way, then holding the gun perfectly level, look down the inner barrel at the bump of the hop rubber. Is it perfectly flat and horizontal? If so then the hop rubber may be off and need replacing, as a perfectly aligned hop should not curve the BBs. If it is off centre or not level, try turning the inner barrel slightly to bring it level. There should be a small amount of movement available to achieve this. Once it is level, back off the hop until it is set for the weight of BB you usually fire, then try a few shots to see what happens to them. If they fly straight then you have solved that bit. If they fall short or go skyward then adjust the hop accordingly (more for short, less for up) until you get the longest flattest trajectory. If they don't fly straight after all this then you might need a new hop unit and/or hop rubber and/or hop nub and/or a new inner barrel. It will also help to fit a couple of inner barrel spacers to ensure that it stays centred.

Remove the bolt from the gun. Then look down the barrel from the muzzle end with the hop end pointed towards a light source. Turn the hop on about half way, then holding the gun perfectly level, look down the inner barrel at the bump of the hop rubber. Is it perfectly flat and horizontal? If so then the hop rubber may be off and need replacing, as a perfectly aligned hop should not curve the BBs. If it is off centre or not level, try turning the inner barrel slightly to bring it level. There should be a small amount of movement available to achieve this. Once it is level, back off the hop until it is set for the weight of BB you usually fire, then try a few shots to see what happens to them. If they fly straight then you have solved that bit. If they fall short or go skyward then adjust the hop accordingly (more for short, less for up) until you get the longest flattest trajectory. If they don't fly straight after all this then you might need a new hop unit and/or hop rubber and/or hop nub and/or a new inner barrel. It will also help to fit a couple of inner barrel spacers to ensure that it stays centred.

thank you, i will take it apart again tomorrow & have a look :)

Archived