wanted: Web designer

joshcowin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You after E-comerance site, or just a general site for uploading pictures/videos.

Edit: I guess I should explain a bit more.

You can use a easy build web host, but it costs about £5 a month or about £50 a year for hosting, but its easy to use if you dont know how to design web pages and on it you can advertise a business as well as post up galleries should you wish them (Like that you would expect from a airsoft/paitball site)

or you can have an easy made website that is an online shop (e-comerance) which costs a bit more on hosting fees, but again is easy to use, so you can update it your self with not much issue.

Or, the free opition, which can get you either of the above opitions on a free(ish) hosting, where you would only need to buy the domain name (1-2 year period at a time) but it isnt easy to update should you need to, as you would need to go into the update the web in an offline editor (adobe dreamweaver) then update the website database. if you dont know web design its advised you dont use this opition.

(its a case of those who can, get the better opitions)

So yeah, Id say use a ready build site (wix.com or something simular) 123-reg also has some good deals on hosting and domain names(its where i get all mine from)

You after E-comerance site, or just a general site for uploading pictures/videos.

Edit: I guess I should explain a bit more.

You can use a easy build web host, but it costs about £5 a month or about £50 a year for hosting, but its easy to use if you dont know how to design web pages and on it you can advertise a business as well as post up galleries should you wish them (Like that you would expect from a airsoft/paitball site)

or you can have an easy made website that is an online shop (e-comerance) which costs a bit more on hosting fees, but again is easy to use, so you can update it your self with not much issue.

Or, the free opition, which can get you either of the above opitions on a free(ish) hosting, where you would only need to buy the domain name (1-2 year period at a time) but it isnt easy to update should you need to, as you would need to go into the update the web in an offline editor (adobe dreamweaver) then update the website database. if you dont know web design its advised you dont use this opition.

(its a case of those who can, get the better opitions)

So yeah, Id say use a ready build site (wix.com or something simular) 123-reg also has some good deals on hosting and domain names(its where i get all mine from)

First off, E-COMMERCE. Comerance isn't even a word.

The OP is already using an equivalent to wix from memory, so by starting this thread I am assuming he has exhausted this option.

You reference a database, when you mean file directory.

Various other issues basically flag you as someone of no clue to what you are spouting.

OP, the easy way -

1. Get hosting and a domain. - Eleven2.com and FastHosts are the better options for a UK Localisation.

2. Install a CMS (Content Management System) - Wordpress and Joomla are good for beginners. (or you can opt for Drupal if you've got fascinations of self harming :P )

3. Buy a theme for said chosen CMS - themeforest has virtually endless choice. (you can also find free themes but you may as well support the developer)

4. Fill it with content and alter the theme to be relevant to your branding.

No need to sound like an arogant dick, But yeah, My spelling is crap to say the least.
as for using Wix, OP didnt mention that he has done as such, which is why I sugest it.

now I have in the past used 123-reg, It has suited my needs, And they hold all my domains. Its just a case of prerferance of what people have used.

As for database, yeah The proper term for web dev is file directory, but i work with dreamweaver alot, and am used to filing everything under a project directory of databases.

But I digress, You can use sites such as http://www.1freehosting.com/ as a learning ground for making websites, Its what I used. and its good place to learn. They offer free hosting with a tempory domain name, You can practice making a site, then once you are ready if you chose you can purchase a paid service with them and save the hastle of reuploading everythin to a differnt host.

hey guys sorry for the late replies,my business is for custom pc's and i used webs but quickly found out that i was very limited to what i can do pages wise and pictures so i need a website for around £300

• AF-UK Founding Member

You still haven't said what you'd need. What is it you can't get now that you want? What would be the most complex part of the site? How many pages? Will information need to change regularly or are you going to have it fairly static?

Archived