Military 1st's Airsoft Guns

Zak Da Mack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I was on their website today, looking at new kit and I found out they sell some airsoft guns in black. Are they UKARA licensed? Because I've noticed when you buy a gun, you only need to provide your age and not a UKARA number.... Isn't that illegal?

UKARA isn't mandatory. Although have not tried their process.

All they need to do it make sure you have a valid defense against purchase. UKARA and being UKARA registered is optional.

If you live in the UK you must be a registered Airsoft skirmisher to
purchase any Airsoft gun. Please provide details of your Membership
after purchasing this product.

says that at the bottom of desc

Wouldn't it be confiscated as soon as you go to a site to play and not have a defense??

I know someone who bought a RIF before the law to have a valid defense. Would it be safe to take it to a site even though he isn't UKARA registered. Wouldn't the site inform police or whatever happens?

Just taken off their web site using my iPad

ASG B&T MP5 A5 Black

ASG B&T MP5 A5

Colour: Black

Say the word MP5 and most people know what you are talking about. This is a true classic used by law enforcement and seen in cinemas all over the world. This Sportline version is the A5 with a retractable stock licensed by the Swiss manufacturer of the real MP5, Brügger & Thomet.

Length: 735mm

Barrel length: 229mm

Mag. capacity: 200 rounds

Hop Up type: Adjustable

Velocity: 328 fps (100 m/s)

Weight: 1900g

Energy: 1.0 Joule

Semi and full auto function

Battery and charger included

Manufacturer: ASG

You must be over 18 to buy this product. You confirm that by purchasing this item

If you live in the UK you must be a registered Airsoft skirmisher to purchase any Airsoft gun. Please provide details of your Membership after purchasing this product.

£119.99

Email: [email protected]

Terms | Privacy Copyright © eSellerPro

• Supporters

Wouldn't it be confiscated as soon as you go to a site to play and not have a defense??

I know someone who bought a RIF before the law to have a valid defense. Would it be safe to take it to a site even though he isn't UKARA registered. Wouldn't the site inform police or whatever happens?

No. Ownership is totally legal. It's the actual selling etc that's the problem.

The site would have no authority to confiscate anything. If they tried it would be theft.

This UKARA is a load of rubbish. Some people take it far to seriously.

• Supporters

I assume he's saying people take it too far and start believing that UKARA is a legal requirement, when it isn't.

It's an easy way of proving you have a defence but definitely not the only one.

• Supporters

BTW, you don't need a licence to make films. We're not quite a police state.

If you want to film on private property, you need the owners' permission. Similarly, if you want to film in many cities, you need permission from whatever public body is in charge. If you film the general public without having secured that permission you are leaving yourself open to be sued by anyone who appears in the final cut for at least a pro rata percentage of money generated purely from the mechanical copyright, but also most likely a punitive sum for the aggravation. If a person can prove that your portrayal of them in some way harms their business, or media image if they can be proved to have one, you could get sued for way more than the film makes... it's similar with including music, artwork, in fact anything to which a copyright exists without having first 'licensed' it, which simply means the copyright owner/s' written permission for you to exploit their intellectual property in a given work of your own and any conditions that apply.

But at no point can anyone jobsworth you with 'you need a licence'. All of the above is a matter of civil law, not criminal. As a matter strictly of law you could trespass on private property and film there and, so long as you did no criminal damage to effect entry or while you were there and your presence did not, by its very nature, constitute a 'breach of the peace' (in reality a number of different offences under the Public Order Act), the police could do nothing about it. That's not to say that they wouldn't find something to arrest you for, like suspicion of urinating on the public highway et al. but so long as you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of a court that any RIF's you had on you were being used legitimately to make a film, you would be in the clear. in reality of course the CPS would throw it out well before it got to court. The question of whether or not you were a licensed film maker would never arise...

Archived