What do I need to make my scar lipo ready?

CaptainDumbass
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's in the title really, I'm sorry to sound like a complete noob here but I'm crap when it comes to internals, what parts would I need to make my scar lipo ready? Gears? Motors? I have no clue.

Thanks

If you are set on running an 11.1V Lipo then you probably need to upgrade everything in the gearbox. But why do you want to go for an 11.1V? That will give you a high rate of fire, but will probably still trash even an upgraded gearbox in time, as they are not really made to run efficiently at that sort of speed. Even your mags may not be able to feed BBs at the speed needed to keep up with the gearbox cycle.

A 7.4V Lipo will work with what you have got as standard, or just stick with the 9.6V Nihm. Lipos need to be looked after more than a Nihm. If you drop a Lipo below 3V per cell you risk trashing the pack, so you need to run it with a Lipo Alarm fitted, or use a Mosfet with built in Lipo protection that will stop it working before it drops too low. A Nihm can be run almost dead and will still recover.

if your running a 9.6v the a straight switch to a 7.4v wouldn't be an issue but for an 11.1 then a bit more would be required

• Supporters

In all honesty, all you need is a 7.4v lipo :)

There's no need for an 11.1v, it just kicks out a stupid rof

With my TM SCAR-L I run 7.4 lipos. I removed the fuse and that increased the ROF quite abit!

or if you are disparate to run an 11.1 (i do in my scar) i'll list my upgrades: prometheus torque gears, prometheus POM piston and a TM EG1000 motor

I would only reccomend a 7.4 lipo but if its a must i would say,new motor,new gear,spring thats not too powerful (need a 300fps one),piston,piston head,gear bearings,tappet plate and nozzle (systema or a decent metal one and new spring guide oh and thicker wiring and remove the fuse

• Supporters

When you choose gears to go with an 11.1V LiPo, you could go for really high torque ratio sets. This will slow your rate of fire down. There's no reason why a higher voltage battery needs a weaker spring. The voltage determines how fast the motor spins - it is the current that it delivers which determines how much force the motor can exert on the gears, which is generally higher for LiPo batteries than NiMh. However, if you are concerned, using very high torque gears will take care of that also.

Something to watch out for when you buy the battery is the "C" rating. This is a measurement of how much power it can put out in a given time. You want 20 or more. You also want a battery charger that is designed for LiPo's, because they have a special lead which connects each cell to the charger individually as well as the pack as a whole, so that it can monitor the individual cells. This is important...

Archived