G&G M14 recommended BB weight.

firstname-lastname
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI,

Even when i use .25g BBs with the hop off in my G&G M14 the BBs still lift into the air after 15M. Does anyone have a GR14? if so what ammo do you use\recommend.

Thanks for that, i bought some Devil blaster .30g and madbull .36g precision BBs from land warrior today. Its a shame that it cant use .25s, as ammo is quite expensive for the heavier weights.

• Supporters

I had the same issue with mine. What I did was add a tight bore barrel to boost the fps into the 400s, then locked it to shoot semi auto only and fielded it as a marksman's rifle using .30s, got excellent range and accuracy out of it.

I had the same issue with mine. What I did was add a tight bore barrel to boost the fps into the 400s, then locked it to shoot semi auto only and fielded it as a marksman's rifle using .30s, got excellent range and accuracy out of it.

Again, thanks for the advice, what diameter of barrel did you use? 6.01mm?

I bought The EBR to be my DMR (and because i think the EBR-L looks evil) so its already semi-locked, it'll just be a case of installing the barrel and using heavier weight BBs (which i am going to do anyway).

This gun is a bit of a labour of love as there are few things that make ownership more difficult than say, owning an accurised M4. The rear rail is 3mm higher than the body rail, and the threads on the barrel are not standard 14mm, so i cant fit my silencer to it, The magazines are propriety etc...

ironically I just bought a HK 417 D which does everything i wanted the EBR to do straight out of the box.

But i will always love my M14, and i'll still use it every weekend flaws or no.

• Supporters

I actually just used a 6.03 because I already had one handy that I bought for an M16, I got really great results from it, but I think you'll only get the same or better from a 6.01, along with a larger fps boost, which is always good for a sniper. I do generally opt for .01s when I'm buying barrels, despite the consensus that they cause jams and provide less accuracy... I think that's mostly just untested, negative speculation.

From a good year or so of testing, the tighter the bore, the better the gun performs from my experience. I even compared it against twist barrels, used multiple hop rubbers in multiple guns etc etc.

A 6.01 barrel might even solve your hop issue, since with the bore being tighter, less of the hop will be sticking into the barrel.

Jealous of the 417 :P ought to get the DMR barrel extension for it!

Thanks again, i'll try the 6.03mm first, i might get a 6.01mm as well and do my own comparisons, as i generally find that there is a lot of personal preference involved with things such as this.

I really like the H&K 417, its worth every penny, including the near divorce... just like the EBR-L, and yes i am going to get the barrel extension, but my dilemma is i now have 2 guns that fullfill the same role.

I guess i could just carry both of them around...

EBR;

EBR.jpg

417D

417d.jpg

still think the M14 looks better.

Keep the 417 under 350fps so you can keep full auto.

Raise the M14 to DMR level (depending on your site) and lock it to semi :)

Keep the 417 under 350fps so you can keep full auto.

Raise the M14 to DMR level (depending on your site) and lock it to semi :)

Thats a very good point, If i put my 4x32 Acog on the 417, its very skirmishable, and if i dont have the silencer on it and add a foregrip (which is there primarily because i think it looks cool...) i can even CQB.

My barrel should trun up today for my m14, so i'll give the 6.03mm a try this Sunday. And then i'll keep the M14 as my DMR choice. My site allows 425 FPS with .2g BBs for a DMR so 400ish sounds about right, as i'll be using .3g and above with it.

I'll just stick to using .25g with my 417, thats if it doesn lift them.

Although i think very highly of the M14, H&K make some fantastic weapons, they are up there with FN Herstal in my opinion.

Archived