Whats the best, cheap airsoft gun to get?

SidTheSloth
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

New guy here :ph34r:

Having seen quite a few airsoft videos on YouTube recently I figured they look somewhat fun and I've started looking into getting one. The trouble is:

1) They seem to all be horrendously expensive

2) I have no idea what so ever about what is a good airsoft gun and what is not

So I'm looking for some advice. I'd prefer cheap (around ~£50)

not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not...

thanks

To be blunt, the words "best" and "cheap" do not normally belong in the same sentence when it comes to AEG's or any other Airsoft gun for that matter.

That's not to say you can't get a cheap AEG (though for anything decent you're looking at around £115, opposed to £50)

I'd suggest renting a gun at your local site first if you're not up to committing that amount of money. If all goes well and you get the bug, I'd start looking at G&G combat machine guns. Excelent out of the box and can't really be faulted for the price.

Best of luck with your airsoft journey ;)

Teddy

Yeah, building upon what Adam said, most guns you find for less than £100 are low-FPS backyard shooters that could barely hold their own in a skirmish. Their internals are often pretty shoddy too. Your best bet is to just wait it out and save up, until you can get a decent rifle for £100+. G&G aren't a bad shout actually, I know a couple of starters at my site that use G&G M4 types.

• Supporters

Get one from Justbbguns, everyone here loves them haha. nice and cheap. pmsl.

No don't im joking.

Good, Quality, reliable and JustBBGuns do not belong in the same sentence!!

As has been said a £50 AEG will be a big waste of money. Will have crap externals and even worse internals.

My first gun was a £80 M4. I got lucky and it turned out to be a KWA S-System and was firing at 328FPS but i digress.

If you re serious about getting into airsoft then you need to be aware of the legal stuff that goes with buying and owning realistic Imitation Firearms (RIFs) It is not as simple as going out and buying a shiny black rifle. Search VCRA or RIF and alot of info will come up. (sorry cant be arsed to type it all out!!)

What would be your opinions on a WELL MP7A1 AEG?

It seems pretty cheap and it looks nice...

Oh no, is that the one with the 20 something round magazine? DO NOT BUY IT.

Someone at my site took one to the skirmish in February, then to a team game the week after. He got it chrono'd, and found it was averaging 92 FPS.

yeah, the internals on the well MP7 are actually made of dairylea triangles press moulded into cog shapes. Avoid.

can this be said for the UMAREX MP7 as I've read that this is the same gun just rebranded which sells for £140/150 just wondered Also seen UMEREX MP7 AEG rebranded from KWA?? (a1airsoft.co.uk) hope not as i've been looking for ages for an MP7

KWA don't do a AEG version, they must have labeled it wrong.

AFAIK Well make the AEG version for Umarex.

KWA don't do a AEG version, they must have labeled it wrong.

AFAIK Well make the AEG version for Umarex.

Thought this was the case just over priced rebranding again why pay double when you get a " toner" half the price (or two) and spraying it. Yup guessed it was a mistake by them a1 that is.

At the moment they're up there yes, good guns for the money for sure. Not the best externals but they'll last and do the job decently.

duct tape fixes any external problems:)

*just to clarify: not to be taken too seriously, and never seen a duct taped G&G^^

Oh no, is that the one with the 20 something round magazine? DO NOT BUY IT.

Someone at my site took one to the skirmish in February, then to a team game the week after. He got it chrono'd, and found it was averaging 92 FPS.

I remember my dad bought me a p90 from a bb gun stall at the War & Peace Show. The stall owner said it was a powerful, faultless gun that shot at around 250 + fps. So, when I took it to my first ever skirmish it chrono'd at around 70ish FPS. The marshalls jokingly took the piss and I looked like a right idiot. B)

• Supporters

Some CYMA AK's are around the £120 mark - they're better than the G&G Combat Machine M4's for range and possibly for accuracy also. But hey, if you want a little machine pistol, maybe you should hold off buying a gun for a while, rent a few times, get to meet people and have a quick fondle/shoot of their guns (we love our guns and will nearly always rise to any occasion to show them off), see how different styles suit you.

If you still want a machine pistol then, for anything decent and working, you might be best buying 2nd hand, if "cheap" is a huge issue. Leaving aside the MP7, there's MP5K, Mac11, or Mac10 that have been around long enough that you see them for sale. G3 SAS maybe (just not the Bell one), M4 pistol (no buffer tube, like the G3 SAS, it doesn't exist in the real steel world), or an AKS 74U.

Archived