ICS split gearbox

robbo0070
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ICS is a good brand. The split gearbox is great. makes servicing in general far easier. The forward assist works to release the tension from the gears.

I have one in at the mo for a new paint job. The second one i have had. Few team mates use ICS and love them.

£160 for the plastic M4 which puts them right against G&G for entry level guns. I would have an ICS over G&G purely for the gearbox.

Be aware that ICS will only take ICS bodies and stocks due to design differences. (AFAIK)

Fully agree with adam and junior, the ICS split gear box is a very good design and very quick to change if you have a spare one already made up with a different spring.

Also to fully up on junior comment about bodies and stocks. Yes and ICS gearbox setup will only fit into ics bodies, also you need to be aware that the ics hop up is the only one that fits. But don't let this put you off as the ics hop up unit is pretty. You can also put other stocks on a ICS, but if you decide to change the buffer tube. Then you will nee to slightly file down the stock adapter.

Also the front ends can be changed, but depending on what type you go for then you will need to slightly modify the end of the barrel. By removing to of the lugs where the delta ring locks to.

Got 2 ICS sports lines to let mates borrow, and they're pretty good.

However I am in the process of getting the WE Katana as everybody seems to be singing their praises and the fact that the ASCU will fit is a great bonus.

2 weeks and I'll put up a full review.

• Supporters

I read a review somewhere recently that said the WE Katana system wasn't very consistent, they had an fps variation of around 30, which in my opinion is pretty diabolical. I'd accept 15 at the upper limit. So considering they're meant to be the cheapest PTW alternative, I'm unimpressed as of yet.

ICS all the way from me, I'd say them and G&G were the best two companies out there at the moment.

• Supporters

I don't think the We is meant to be a ptw alternative ed, its just a fancier looking ICS system by the look of it. The only similarity is different coloured upper gb cylinders.

If its that inconsistent that's ridiculous, you'd have to set the fps way low just in case it hops over in chronoing.

Dazzer, the g&g system isn't out yet but does look great though. Will probably cost a fair bit though.

• Supporters

Sign me up for a G&G M4 once they're available. All they need now is official licensing and they'll be the best manufacturer hands down IMO.

Archived