New to Airsoft.

Die Antwoord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I've been interested in trying airsoft for a while now, i have a few questions as a complete novice. I'm sixteen and i'm interested in the sniping side of airsoft.

Where do i start?

What should i buy?

How do i get envolved?

How do i join a club or take part in airsoft?

If someone could help me out i would be greatful.

Thanks for your time, Gabe.

Hello,

I've been interested in trying airsoft for a while now, i have a few questions as a complete novice. I'm sixteen and i'm interested in the sniping side of airsoft.

Where do i start?

What should i buy?

How do i get envolved?

find your local site at http://www.airsoftmap.net/, most likely they will have everything you need included in the rental price. You cannot buy (/spray/make) a realistic coloured airsoft until you have skirmished more than 3 games over more than 2 months*

where are you based?

*ish. theres more to it but thats all you need to know really. or read in the law section.

I'm based in Derby, UK.

So to even consider buyng a airsoft, i have to rent?

Thanks, Gabe

well, yes and no. if 50%+ is a bright colour you can buy it, example:

KWA_M4_CQB_1__67639_zoom__55665_zoom.jpg

Many say not to go down that route but to rent first. I have never rented. I say if you do get a two tone, get one that is sprayed rather than moulded so you can sand it down once you are legally allowed to do so, or make sure easily exchange parts are painted (example m4 stock, grip, handguard etc.). Also if you are not renting you will need some safety goggles (full face mask if under 18, oh forgot, you cant buy any airsoft if you are under 18) and ammo (buy it where you skirmish).

I can't find a site near me? the link provided earlier didn't work, I don't have any gear as of yet.

But i'm looking to get some

The closest place to you is MAW. Which I think quite a few people from here go to. It's about a 45 minute drive from where you are though.

http://www.modernairsoftwarfare.co.uk/

There is also a CQB site about an hour away in Leicester called First & Only - The Embassy.

http://www.firstandonlyevents.co.uk/venues/the-embassy/

Thanks! Thats brilliant! i will have a look into both sites, As i've never been to a skirmish, what do i do to get involved?

Usually just drive down and join in before the safety briefing. Don't try to be an outsider, be friendly and join in with conversations. Most importantly, have fun.

Hello,

Where do i start?

What should i buy?

How do i get envolved?

Don't want to shatter your illusions but i wouldn't start sniping as you will not get the same enjoyment as you would with an AEG and if your looking for a good starting point ideally you should be looking at Tokyo marui but if thats above your budget then G&G are a very popular starting gun (thats what i began with) i hope this has helped.

Archived